Ram Setting not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alfredo

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this isn't the right section, but since i can't post in tech support i'll do it here.

I updated the launcher to 1.1, i set the max ram to 2Gb, in the console appears the line: max ram setted to 2048Mb, but in-game when i press f3 i only see: allocated memory 910Mb. This wasn't happening to me in prior versions of the launcher (last time i checked was 1.0.6).
is this happening to anyone else???
Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using 32 or 64 bit Java? The first public release of the the launcher would just quit if I tried to launch the game with more than 1 gig but worked fine after upgrading to 64bit Java.

Alfredo

Jul 29, 2019
I updated a while ago to 64 bit java, the problem i have is that pressing f3 i only see a max of 910 ram.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
The default minimum setting is only 1 gig. It's very possible that you haven't used more than the 1 gig, so it hasn't needed to allocate the 2 gigs yet. Have you been getting out of memory errors?

Alfredo

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, i just created worlds to see if everything was fine waiting for rp2, so i have'nt used a lot of ram yet, but with launcher 1.0.6 pressing f3 i can see max ram 1820 even with a fresh world.
I downgraded to 1.0.6 and Ram setting works. I'll stick with it until next launcher upgrade, and i'll try that way!!