Quick Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Was just wondering how do i save worlds like backup the world incase I somehow lose the folder due to a corruption? do i just copy & paste the saves folder (world) onto my desktop?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Was just wondering how do i save worlds like backup the world incase I somehow lose the folder due to a corruption? do i just copy & paste the saves folder (world) onto my desktop?

You can do that (I recommend doing it daily and dating the backups going back a week or so), or you can use something like AromaBackup to do it for you.

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably need to configure it, because by default it doesn't back up very often iirc.
Also where abouts do i put optifine /AromaBackup, It keeps crashing when i put them in the mods folder.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Also where abouts do i put optifine /AromaBackup, It keeps crashing when i put them in the mods folder.
Optifine is a separate installer I think, but can you put your crash log into pastebin.com and post it here?

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
I believe im missing the core part mod Correct?

ad2a64e0ebb44562a7dd46d9d0debe09.png

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
i made a folder i named backup folder [obviously] and in that folder every day or two i make a sub folder with the date of that day and put the map save files into that subfolder so if i need it i can just go and replace the files with the corrupted ones