Question about sending power using more than one tesseract

weedenbc

Jul 29, 2019
Playing FTB Monster, in my main base power room I've got two bank of 24 dynamos each. All the RF from each bank is funneled through two Resonant Energy cells which in turn each feed a single tesseract. Both tesseracts are set to send power on the same channel.

What I've noticed is that when there is a heavy load on the system (for example two QuarryPluses and a couple dozen TE3 and IC2 machines running full speed) the energy cells on one bank will slowly drain to zero while the other bank stays powered up. I would have thought that since both tesseracts are on sending power on the same channel, they would balance the load. But obviously that's not happening.

Is there something I'm missing about how sending energy over tesseracts works? Would it be better to simply have a single tesseract attached to all 48 dynamos?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Would it be better to simply have a single tesseract attached to all 48 dynamos?
They have no cap on input except for the conduit you transfer it with so yes it would be fine to connect them both to one tesseract

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Energy cells drain a bit strangely but the order they drain is as far as I've noticed always the same,,, I hade a huge pillar of 50 energycells and for some reason cell 24 was the first one to drain,,,

Another observation I had from that pillar is that they will drain one at a time (or as few as possible as to reach the energy drain).

weedenbc

Jul 29, 2019
They have no cap on input except for the conduit you transfer it with so yes it would be fine to connect them both to one tesseract

But they do have a cap on output, right? That was my original thinking - that by having two tesseracts outputting power I could double my available power on the same channel to 4000 RF/t.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
But they do have a cap on output, right? That was my original thinking - that by having two tesseracts outputting power I could double my available power on the same channel to 4000 RF/t.

The only limits for tesseracts are the connections you use on them. The tesseract itself has no loss/limit on input nor output.