Question about private mod pack submission.

Lycoris

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this is the right place to ask this, seems the most appropriate at least. ^^

Anyway, a friend and I are working on a private mod pack to submit and have been using the following as a guideline.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/guidelines-for-private-server-mod-packs.9598/
And we have hit a point of confusion about something... What are the rules and requirements regarding a mod that has files to be inserted into the assets/virtual/legacy location?
The pack is being built for 1.6.4, so I am unsure if the guidelines we are following are updated for the changes to the folder structure the game had.

Thanks in advance for any answers and sorry if I managed to put this in the wrong sub-forum. ^^;

Spudz0r

Jul 29, 2019
A bit more info regarding the issue we are facing.

Basically, one of the mods uses some older Forge/ModLoader integration which requires a configuration file and audio files to be located in the assets/virtual/legacy/sound folder, this is external to the modpack's instance folder (in the case of MultiMC it is MultiMC/assets rather than MultiMC/instances/modpack/assets).

we are unsure of the guidelines regarding this, or if it is possible to arrange for when the modpack is installed for it to be placed in the correct spot without manual user intervention.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Might be helpful for others if you came back and let the rest of us know what you end up doing in case someone else has this problem

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
In theory it should be easy for me to add. Just send it in with your modpack and I'll work it out.

I am indeed revamping the guidelines, but I'm changing a lot of stuff and it's taking more time than I have available right now.