PurpleMentat plays HQM Modpacks

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Good day Minecraftians!

I am back in active video production once more. I recently wrapped up a short play through of the Clouds of Darkness modpack (found here) and i am currently working my way through the Regrowth pack. I also have a couple other games on my channel, frequent vLogs about the channel and my journey with mental health, and I've started a series of first impression videos I'm calling Game Auditions. I hope to see you folks around the channel! Feel free to leave me messages in this thread, I'll be here daily.

https://www.youtube.com/purplementat

Last edited:

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
This is the series that started it all for me. My first ever video published on YouTube was this LP of Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest. All of the episodes are listed below in the spoiler, with links to the appropriate place in the playlist.

With the help of you guys who have been watching, I have greatly improved since Episode 1. I have acquired a new microphone, a new computer, and a heapload of confidence in my recording and commentating. I have since gone on to other series, but this one will always hold a special place in my heart.

Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest
Episode 1 - Basic Resources and Cobble Generator
Episode 2 - Smeltery, Automate Cobble Gen and Sieve
Episode 3 - Monster Tower, Automated Composting and Lava

Episode 4 - Vaccuum Hoppers and Monster Drops
Episode 5 - Hardcore Questing Mode bonus episode!
Episode 6 - Farming Clay and Dyes
Episode 7 - Redstone Energy Cell and Automatic Dust Production
Episode 8 - Quest Progression and Viewer Participation Poll
Episode 9 - Jungle Trees and Better Sieving
Episode 10 - Automated Cyclic Smeltery
Episode 11 - Applying Energistics
Episode 12 - Redstone Arsenal and Quest Progression
Episode 13 - Digital Smeltery
Episode 14 - Quests, Setbacks, and a Cow Factory
Episode 15 - Power Demands: Overwhelming
Episode 16 - Go with the Flow Ranching
Episode 17 - Build More Farms!
Episode 18 - Mechanical Monster Mashing
Episode 19 - Mechanized Enchantment, Nether First Look
Episode 20 - MEmory
Episode 21 - ME Assembly
Episode 22 - Post-PAX Ramble
Episode 23 - Thaumcraft Aspect Blitz
Episode 24 - Node Tapping
Episode 25 - Infusion Altar
Episode 26 - Greatwood Sapling
Episode 27 - Witch Steel
Episode 28 - Big Reactor Prep
Episode 29 - Reactor Construction
Episode 30 - LAZERZ!
Episode 31 - Quest Clean-Up
Episode 32 - Beginning Blood Magic
Episode 33 - Master Blood Orb
Episode 34 - Alchemistry
Episode 35 - Magic Questing
Episode 36 - Bound Armor
Episode 37 - Sigils and Upgraded Armor
Episode 38 - Auto-Alchemy and Demon Summoning
Episode 39 - Auto-Spawning and Demon Blood Shards
Episode 40 - The Wither
Episode 41 - Of Magic and Demons
Episode 42 - Beginner Beekeeping
Episode 43 - Lawn and Garden
Episode 44 - Fertile Questing
Episode 45 - Apprentice Apiculture
Episode 46 - Home Sweet home
Episode 47 - Questin' and Quarryin'
Episode 48 - Advanced Mutatron
Episode 49 - Quest Flow
Episode 50 - Dirt Farming and Final Fluid Questing
Episode 51 - Tree La-bee-atory and Ultrabees!

Episode 52 - Questin' Round
Episode 53 - Tree Breeding
Episode 54 - Final Bees
Episode 55 - Loading Chunks and Nether Dirt
Episode 56 - 5 Star Chef
Episode 57 - Digitized Thaumaturgy
Episode 58 - Amaranth Golems
Episode 59 - Thaumic Mining Part 1
Episode 60 - Thaumic Mining Part 2
Episode 61 - Quantum Turbines
Episode 62 - Auto Thaumium and Multi-Orchard
Episode 63 - Titanium
Episode 64 - Bragging Rights and a Primal Wand Focus
Episode 65 - Slimy
Episode 66 - Laser Array, Bragging Right
Episode 67 - Furnace Company
Episode 68 - Ender Farming
Episode 69 - Magnetic Personality
Episode 70 - Complex Spell Digging
Episode 71 - Wrapping Up, Part 1
Episode 72 - The Biologist and McAurey's
Episode 73 - Wrap-up Part 2 - Jewelry
Latest World Download (Episode 73, v2.1.7) http://adf.ly/pJGqI

Last edited:

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 6 - Farming Clay and Dyes, Quest Rewards

In this episode, I set up some clay production, start farming cocoa beans and cactus, show off how the Pulverizer interacts with Ex Nihilo, complete a couple quests, and show off my quest rewards.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 7 - Redstone Energy Cell and Automatic Dust Production

In Episode 7, I create a larger lava production area, derp with edits and math, craft the infrastructure needed to create a Redstone Energy Cell, and use my new power system to build an automated dust sifter.

Last edited:

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 9 - Jungle Trees and Better Sieving
In this episode, I build an MFR jungle tree farm, complete two quests, and put together a bigger, better resource production assembly line

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 10 - Automated Cyclic Smeltery
In this episode, I tackle my most complicated build to date, creating a system that automatically combines ore parts into ore blocks, hammers the ore blocks to get bonus ore parts, and smelts the most refined ore blocks into metal blocks. Also generates redstone, glowstone, bone meal, gun powder, certus quartz, diamonds, emeralds, lapis lazuli, apatite, coal, and more.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 11 - Applying Energistics
In this episode, I build the start of an ME Network from Applied Energistics. Digitized items storage is best items storage!

Please forgive any incongruities in this video and Episode 12. I derped up recording this episode, and had to re-film it after I completed recording Episode 12. I did my best to cover the full build all over again, but I am certain some minor strangeness crept in. Enjoy!

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 12 - Redstone Arsenal and Quest Progression
In this episode, I make myself a full set of Redstone Arsenal tools, and finish off the Learn to Skyblock quest series.

Please forgive any incongruities in this video and Episode 11. I derped up recording Episode 11, and had to re-film it after I completed recording this episode. I did my best to recover from this unfortunate error, but I am certain some minor strangeness crept in. Enjoy!

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 13 - Digital Smeltery

In this episode, I complete the introductory quests in For the Hoarding, and hook up my resource production chain to the ME Network.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 14 - Quests, Setbacks, and a Cow Factory

In this episode, I progress the quest chains, suffer a nasty setback, and build a surprise cow factory.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 15 - Power Demands: Overwhelming

In this episode, I set up new power generation to keep up with the demands of my resource factory.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 16 - Go with the Flow Ranching

In this episode, I advance the Go With the Flow quests and hook up my tiny ranch to more automation.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies for a lack of forum posts over the weekend! I was away at PAX East. Fantastic time! Three episodes have gone up since my last post. Here they are!

Episode 20 - MEmory
In this episode, I handle a pretty severe clog of my ME system caused by my new Grinders.

Episode 21 - ME Assembly
In this episode, I upgrade my metal production to be more productive and CPU efficient, and I take my first steps into Applied Energistics Automated Crafting.

Episode 22 - Post-PAX Ramble
In this episode, I upgrade my sewer, teach my ME network to craft more things, and make a small start on Thaumcraft.

Episode 23 will be posted in the next hour or so. Episodes 23 and 24 will be linked in tomorrow's forum post.

Some big news for me: I sailed on past 400 subscribers on Sunday evening, and at the time of posting am sitting at 481. It would be AWESOME if I could score another 19 subscribers in the next three and a half hours, to hit an even 500 exactly 3 weeks after I got my start. Also, and perhaps more importantly, I got to shake hands with Eyamaz and Slowpoke on Saturday. Last weekend was surreal!

Thank you to everyone who has watched!