Puddles and Microblocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Altaïr117

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a road that's one cover short of a full block and I want to make some blocks have puddles. How can I do this? I'm looking for something that functions sorta like a waterblock cover. Is there some sort of mod that lets the water conform to the model of a block? I think Finite Water did something like that. I know that it was possible to put only a puddle of water down, but I don't know if it would fit into the microblock like I want it to.
Here's a picture of the road for reference:
1yQcyCk.png

I've also tried using carpenter's collapsible blocks, which would work if I weren't using a shaderpack. This is what it looks like:
Ci7TxYH.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would suggest trying this with Collapsible blocks(the path is made out of Carpenter's Collapsible Blocks):
QDhlLhw.png

But not entirely sure if this is what you are showing with the second picture.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I recall there being a mod that would allow water to visually occupy adjacent blocks so you could - with limits - use stairs and slabs and suchlike near water edges.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I recall there being a mod that would allow water to visually occupy adjacent blocks so you could - with limits - use stairs and slabs and suchlike near water edges.
That is Carpenter's Blocks.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
That is Carpenter's Blocks.

Carpenters blocks only extends water into its own blocks? The mod I recall was more general, and extended water into ANY adjacent non-solid block. i.e. vanilla stairs and fences in water, or on the edge of water, would be 'pooled', and my pneumaticraft cooling fins would look a lot more wate cooled.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Carpenters blocks only extends water into its own blocks? The mod I recall was more general, and extended water into ANY adjacent non-solid block. i.e. vanilla stairs and fences in water, or on the edge of water, would be 'pooled', and my pneumaticraft cooling fins would look a lot more wate cooled.
Ahh ok, yeah Carpenters only do its own blocks. Just thought you meant Carpenter's since it does "stairs and slabs and suchlike" :p

Altaïr117

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, c
I would suggest trying this with Collapsible blocks(the path is made out of Carpenter's Collapsible Blocks):
QDhlLhw.png

But not entirely sure if this is what you are showing with the second picture.

Yeah, carpenter's blocks is what I was using. It only looks weird because I'm using shaders mod. I'd love to use carpenter's blocks if I could find a way to make the water look consistent with shader's mod's reflective water. Maybe it'll work if I put the shader's mod files into the minecraft jar/ carpenter's blocks jar?

7 lying covers.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by that?

If you soon remember the name of the mod, please tell me