Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Interesting side node: If you play a pack without Thermal Expansion, your own blood is actually one of the best coolants you can make.

Reactions: Eyamaz

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
The Blood Magic one. So technically we should call it life essence, but we all know what it really is :p
Don't know about the TiC liquids, I didn't test them since it isnt in my current pack as well. They might make for better coolants, especially the liquid ender. But if you're missing that option too you'd have to go for gold or diamond blocks to get better results. And that would be 720 diamonds/gold ingots just for the outer ring in a 7x7

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello!

Is this the right place to ask @Eyamaz about his design choices when it comes to BnB? Although the pack itself looks a little too challenging for me, I really REALLY like the level of thought that's gone into tech levels, and how well Metallurgy progress is tuned so there is a natural evolution and progression without recourse to HQM! It's like... how did he DO that?! :D

If not, I'll find the right place!

- GwnG

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Is this the right place to ask @Eyamaz about his design choices when it comes to BnB? Although the pack itself looks a little too challenging for me, I really REALLY like the level of thought that's gone into tech levels, and how well Metallurgy progress is tuned so there is a natural evolution and progression without recourse to HQM! It's like... how did he DO that?! :D

If not, I'll find the right place!

- GwnG
I'd assume either here or through personnal messaging to @Eyamaz himself would probably get you a answer. Though this board has been a bit inactive as of late, give it some time and you should have a reply shortly.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Trecheron

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently playing this modpack. I love the entire setup, the amount of work put into it. this is a perfect modpack, i cannot find any loopholes in this modpack to make my life easier and i have to follow every single step to be able to achieve a higher grade metal. This modpack has the fun machinery that everyone wants, but doesnt have a quarry that makes mining obsolete, but still has everything else that I wouldn't want to live without in minecraft. i love this modpack. the only thing i had to change was turn off the dropping ofmy inventory becuase that just got annoying. lol

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently playing this modpack. I love the entire setup, the amount of work put into it. this is a perfect modpack, i cannot find any loopholes in this modpack to make my life easier and i have to follow every single step to be able to achieve a higher grade metal. This modpack has the fun machinery that everyone wants, but doesnt have a quarry that makes mining obsolete, but still has everything else that I wouldn't want to live without in minecraft. i love this modpack. the only thing i had to change was turn off the dropping ofmy inventory becuase that just got annoying. lol
There are very few loopholes, and if any decently popular youtuber finds a loophole and says "LOL WE BROKE DEH PACK BROS," Eyemaz will simply disable whatever allowed that loophole. I know he disabled cake which bypassed the spice of life mod, and the diamond dolly which allowed mob spawner transport for mob farms. I know you can rig up a cinder grinder with a survivalist generator/grinder combo which can get you lots of XP. Potions are OP as well.
Playing on hardcore fixes that problem.
That comment right there was just perfect.
I'd be surprised if even a single person actually beat this pack in HC mode without cheats. Ssundee got close to beating HC mode, but he did use magnet mode, and I'd assume he used other cheats too.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ssundee got close to beating HC mode, but he did use magnet mode, and I'd assume he used other cheats too.

Actually, I talked to SSundee quite often during his series, including spending a good amount of time saving his world from corruption due to the nether bug. Magnet mode was the only "cheating" that he did. I think there was a few times he used a TP, but that was only because of time constraints because, fave it, the bigger the tuber the less time they have for certain things.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I talked to SSundee quite often during his series, including spending a good amount of time saving his world from corruption due to the nether bug. Magnet mode was the only "cheating" that he did. I think there was a few times he used a TP, but that was only because of time constraints because, fave it, the bigger the tuber the less time they have for certain things.
I'm just surprised, even for a person who plays minecraft for a living, to have THAT good of a run. However, assuming said he has played it before and he got a very lucky seed, I'd say that's reasonable.
P.S. Do you take suggestions? I sent you a few minor ones that fit in with the entire if-you-leave-your-house-everything-will-scream-at-you-then-kill-you theme.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
I've seen a few people on reddit who beat the ender dragon on hc. Once you get to your blood altar you should be fine actually, I didn't die once after that in my SP world.
The biggest danger (after the initial set up) is porbably the quest to get the 4 ghast tears for your crop. The nether is so scary

Damn, just talking about it gives me the itches to try it too. I just can't get myself to playing another 1.6 pack any more
But eyamaz is too busy haunting my Infinity instance to get us BnB 2 :(
TuCsB65.jpg

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a few people on reddit who beat the ender dragon on hc. Once you get to your blood altar you should be fine actually, I didn't die once after that in my SP world.
The biggest danger (after the initial set up) is porbably the quest to get the 4 ghast tears for your crop. The nether is so scary

Damn, just talking about it gives me the itches to try it too. I just can't get myself to playing another 1.6 pack any more
But eyamaz is too busy haunting my Infinity instance to get us BnB 2 :(
TuCsB65.jpg
The fact we have practically no info on what is in 2.0 worries me. Will it remain basically the same, just with updated mods? Does everything get more debuffs? Maybe it's somehow easier this time? Is everything changed? All the nothingness surrounding our knowledge of 2.0 is making me hesitate to get well into this version knowing all strategies can change with 2.0. If we could at least get a vague idea of what is going to be in it, hopefully even a mod list, I would appreciate it.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
The fact we have practically no info on what is in 2.0 worries me. Will it remain basically the same, just with updated mods? Does everything get more debuffs? Maybe it's somehow easier this time? Is everything changed? All the nothingness surrounding our knowledge of 2.0 is making me hesitate to get well into this version knowing all strategies can change with 2.0. If we could at least get a vague idea of what is going to be in it, hopefully even a mod list, I would appreciate it.

Or... we can just chill and trust Eyamaz. I'm sure that strategies will change. Hell, even if it was just all the same mods, the mods can change so much from one version to another.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Or... we can just chill and trust Eyamaz. I'm sure that strategies will change. Hell, even if it was just all the same mods, the mods can change so much from one version to another.
I can trust Eyemaz to make the pack as good as the current version, however having more info would be nice is what I'm saying.