Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt silk touch supposed to prevent the explosions? If so...even 1000/1000 would be fair :p

Disclaimer: I never checked what is the recipe for silk touch. I say this with the normal recipe in mind.

You are correct silk touch works like a dream that's what we do ......no boom ......you don't like booms use a silk touch pick easy fix ;)

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
ok... what the... with this mob pack... i just survive a few night in a hole underground... after two creepers randomly explode... i manage to keep my... together and stay alive... but I understand that I have to move... found one of those obsidian towers.... and try to make my base there... but honestly i dont understand the creepers... i know one came random and just explode... but how can i creeper get to the second floor and explode on one of the iron bars everything was close (didn't came from the inside)... i just don't understand... but still alive... at morning go to the top to see some flying mob attack me... run back to inside... and found a minicreeper on top of my chest and tell me "hello, this is all yours? I just.... PFFFFF"....

Need some help, advice how to survive a long term... basically base and food
One of the most common early mistakes is blocking your base with the wrong blocks. Creepers will blow up things like cobblestone, saplings, wooden planks etc. (here's a list) Using natural materials helps, best and easy one in the beginning would be dirt.

To not starve in the beginning you should make yourself a juicer asap. Gather some berriers and make juice and smoothies. Those harvestcraft trees help too, as they respond instantly to bonemeal. Grow one, harvest all the fruits (no need to wait for them to mature), use one for making a new sapling and the rest for juice.

Reactions: xcuad

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
ok... what the... with this mob pack... i just survive a few night in a hole underground... after two creepers randomly explode... i manage to keep my... together and stay alive... but I understand that I have to move... found one of those obsidian towers.... and try to make my base there... but honestly i dont understand the creepers... i know one came random and just explode... but how can i creeper get to the second floor and explode on one of the iron bars everything was close (didn't came from the inside)... i just don't understand... but still alive... at morning go to the top to see some flying mob attack me... run back to inside... and found a minicreeper on top of my chest and tell me "hello, this is all yours? I just.... PFFFFF"....

Need some help, advice how to survive a long term... basically base and food

I would watch some lets plays, it will give you an idea of the warp mind of Eyamaz to kill all and how the mechanics work. Also look at my Youtube channel for BnB Griefing list video and my shared google docs. It will advise you on what blocks not to use, which will attract creepers (mobs) until you have established a safe base.

My tested routine..
Gather food and more than +30 blocks of dirt.
Sky platform above 30 blocks (which turns into a sky base later down the line). In Plains/Forest type biomes. Near sea if possible.
Basic TIC (Flint) tools.
Food production, ie farm.
Smeltery TIC

This should keep you going for a while. But like anything in life.. good research is what you need. Youtube is a good source of information about BnB.

BTW welcome to the best Modpack for Minecraft and the hardest one.. lol

Reactions: xcuad

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
My tested routine..
Sky platform above 30 blocks (which turns into a sky base later down the line). In Plains/Forest type biomes. Near sea if possible.
Basic TIC (Flint) tools.
Smeltery TIC
If I'm not wrong with the introduction of enviromine in future versions sky base no longer works?

But it's a good start for now.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not wrong with the introduction of enviromine in future versions sky base no longer works?

But it's a good start for now.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeh, but at this time that way works. When Eyamaz changes it i will look at another way and I am really looking forward to the changes. That's what makes this modpack so great the challenges it throws at you. All other modpacks i have come against have been mastered, but at this moment in time i am not 100% sure this can be done. But i applaud Eyamaz for keeping me struggling to concur this pack.

Last edited:

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz just bring this to your attention for your next patch. In version 1.1.5 item block 21259:11. which is BOP turnip is give wrong returns. It say it should give .5 hunger and .25 Saturation. In fact it is giving 1.5 hunger and 1.5 Saturation. I hi-lighted this in my latest Lets play, if you want to see what it does.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the BoP items always seem to sneak through Hunger Overhaul. Persimmons being the one I'm glad to see gone.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see what the big deal about the spirit world is. So what if it's the perfect place? Eventually you will become so strong in the spirit world you will want to go back. I suggest if anything making it harder, or straight impossible to transfer items between spirit and over world.

Here's a crazy idea, make it to where the nightmare realm slowly keeps trying to take over the good realm, and you have to do a bunch of crazy hard stuff to keep it a bay.

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
I would watch some lets plays, it will give you an idea of the warp mind of Eyamaz to kill all and how the mechanics work. Also look at my Youtube channel for BnB Griefing list video and my shared google docs. It will advise you on what blocks not to use, which will attract creepers (mobs) until you have established a safe base.

My tested routine..
Basic TIC (Flint) tools.
Smeltery TIC

This should keep you going for a while. But like anything in life.. good research is what you need. Youtube is a good source of information about BnB.

BTW welcome to the best Modpack for Minecraft and the hardest one.. lol
How you deal with "birds" "flying mobs" with a sky base without a roof early on

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
How you deal with "birds" "flying mobs" with a sky base without a roof early on

Make sure your bed is protected in a small building.
Keep a chest full of flint hatchets next to the bed.
Be pre-pared to do the "naked berzerker hatchet dance" a few times to kill them if they find you.

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
What about croop... I noticed that the biome matter... And that bonemeal don't work on it... Any other way to speed it... Watering can is too difficult to craft early on

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
What about croop... I noticed that the biome matter... And that bonemeal don't work on it... Any other way to speed it... Watering can is too difficult to craft early on
Bonemeal does work, but veeery poorly - especially on hard difficulty. Crops only grow during the day and only if they have sunlight so make sure they can see the sky. But mobs also dislike farmland and fences, so better make a walled off area for your crops.

As for making them grow faster... can't really do much about it early on. Make sure it's the right biome and plant twice as many as you think you'll need. And don't forget to turn some of those berries into seeds and plant them too!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I try to get large farms going asap. You can counter slow growth with larger farms. The first one is "plant it all" then I'll try to start sorting it out as I get seeds. Some plants are much better than others. Berries are good for juice and pies. Potatoes for flour, hearty stew, baked, frenchfries. A lot of soups, stocks, stews use similar stuff. Having a variety always helps with spice of life mod. Plants take a long time to mature the first time, but regrow faster after that. I spend a lot of time exploring and gathering everything i can. I'll eat raw vegetables and save the best for seeds. Once you have a bucket, you can get fresh water and salt easy, and dough lets you make a lot of things. Drowning Creepers happily deliver the water to your door.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019

You can also use bone meal on grass to spawn the obvious grass for seeds, berry bushes, and the best of all fruit tree saplings.

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it in 1.1.5 yet, but in 1.1.4 fruit trees responded instantly to bone meal. Break the fruit manually, chop the tree, and replant for a good source of food. Juicable and pie-able fruit being the best, of course.

WaterPokemonRock

Jul 29, 2019
acttr
i cant get the pack to work, it crashes when i attempt to make a new world HELP!
acttr