Project Table should be able to pull from an adjacent chest

EZ2Remember

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this was thought of before but I was wondering what the pros and cons are of a Project Table being able to pull from an adjacent chest/pipe. My first thought is that it just makes sense.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
No, that would be OP, perhaps if you needed BT to do it, then it would be fine..

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
What I'm hoping is that once Elo gets rolling again and that pesky RL thing gets out of the way, that she does something in the way of a card file for the project table taking up a large portion of the useable inventory just storing plans is a bit of a PITA.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually thinking it'd be really OP if you could put PT's next to eachother with recipes and items and the PT where you are making the final item could pull the items and crafted items from the other connected PT's xD

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually thinking it'd be really OP if you could put PT's next to eachother with recipes and items and the PT where you are making the final item could pull the items and crafted items from the other connected PT's xD
I see what you did there.......

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this was thought of before but I was wondering what the pros and cons are of a Project Table being able to pull from an adjacent chest/pipe. My first thought is that it just makes sense.
XyCraft addresses this with the Fabricator. check out the first few episodes of direwolf20's season 4 server play series

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What would be cool would be some kind of modded chests mod: Modular Chests. Kinda like Iron chests, but they'd be so much better.

You could take a chest and add things like crafting tables to them. Then they could even have double stacks (1 stack of 128 cobble in one chest instead of 2 stacks of 64), or filter themselves out automatically, or make them take in energy to do things like suck in items on the ground and things like that.

But it would be cool having normal project tables with a bit of iron chest integration, like crafting a table with a Gold chest gives you a project table with the inventory of a silver chest (can't be having everything too op, am I right?). Diamond to gold, gold to silver, silver to iron, etc. But crystal chests would be weird because they have the same storage as diamond chests.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Can turtles make stuff?
Can they suck stuff in?
Can they filter?
oh. :p

But a turtle with additional inventory room would be useful, maybe an iron chest instead of a normal one.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yeah, that's the main restriction of turtles. I think just having more inventory wouldn't be a compelling feature. An Ender Chest, however, that's an interesting idea. If Ender Turtles all shared the same inventory space, not too much, say 6x6 or 9x9, that would make for some interesting possibilities. Or even if it were just 4x4 still.

Seems there has been some discussion on the idea of Ender Turtles on the computercraft.info forum already. After reading that, I think that Ender Turtles should be player-bound like the Chickenchunks Chunk Loader is. Once you place them in the world, all Ender Turtles placed by the same player share the same inventory. That would be super awesome.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, that would be cool. Some people have it place the enderchest itself and extract items from there, that works. But an Ender Turtle would be a great addition to the game. Maybe with the modded enderchests, though the vanilla ones would be easier.