project sludge diamond

starpredator64

Jul 29, 2019
As a creative idea I thought to turn the sludge from mfr (minefactory reloaded) into the industrial diamond you can make in ic2 (industrial craft 2). This machine is not the most efficient at making diamonds due the amount of time it takes for you to have enough ash ( this problem could be fixed by using more sludge boilers) but it was fun to still make this. The creation itself is made of two parts: the sludge profuction, and the diamond creation. Lets start with the sludge production.

20140131_165245_zps2576b200.jpg~320x480

This is the easiest part of the build because of having only one basic function and that is to produce sludge. This contraption uses 4 harvesters, planters, fertilizers, and sludge boilers. The planters will plant seed which will be turned into wheat to be harvested. Next all the sludge will go into the boilers to create various items; however, what the most important part of it is ash. The ash will be put into a barrel while the other items go into a diamond chest ( you can also use a trash can from extra utilities if you have it installed). After this the ash goes through a long process of turning into the all mighty industrial diamond.

20140131_165256_zps42fac5c2.jpg~320x480

Here is where the crafting comes in: first up is coal creation, this is done by combining 9 pieces of ash into 1 piece of coal; the coal is the tooken into a macerator to be turned into coal dust (seen on the left), on the right side we have 2 igneous extruders making cobble stone and obsidian, the cobble stone will be pulverized into sand with a small chance of making gravel which becomes re pulverized into flint. The coal dust and flint will go into another crafting table to be turned into a coal ball which gets compressed into a compressed coal ball. Now remember that obsidian from earlier, well now is when it comes to use. Combining this and 8 compressed coal balls will create 1 coal chunk which will get compressed a final time to get 1 industrial diamond.

Thank you for your patience in reading this I hope you enjoyed and use the in your world send me a picture of contraptions similar of not more compact then the one I made.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps ingame screenshots would be a better choice next time...

I see you've chosen for 4 3x3 wheat farms. you could use the radius upgrades to make bigger wheat farms, which would mean more sludge. but I found myself that treefarms are the best source for alot of sludge.
you could use several harvesters on 1 treefarm to chop the trees down faster. I believe the sludge is produced when chopping down logs, so ofcourse trees which produce alot of logs, and not so much leaves is the better choice.
you could then use the wooden logs to turn them into charcoal, and use the charcoal as fuel so your setup is auto-fueled. you could also use the sapplings in the MFR bioreactor for some extra fuel. if you place down some energy storage blocks you could also get free energy from this setup.

the bigger the treefarm, the faster you'll get sludge. if your treefarm gets bigger then 5x5, I'd use more harvesters with radius upgrades. this way you are using 3 harvester and 1 planter, instead of 4 harvesters and 4 planters, which saves on energy

starpredator64

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps ingame screenshots would be a better choice next time...

I see you've chosen for 4 3x3 wheat farms. you could use the radius upgrades to make bigger wheat farms, which would mean more sludge. but I found myself that treefarms are the best source for alot of sludge.
you could use several harvesters on 1 treefarm to chop the trees down faster. I believe the sludge is produced when chopping down logs, so ofcourse trees which produce alot of logs, and not so much leaves is the better choice.
you could then use the wooden logs to turn them into charcoal, and use the charcoal as fuel so your setup is auto-fueled. you could also use the sapplings in the MFR bioreactor for some extra fuel. if you place down some energy storage blocks you could also get free energy from this setup.

the bigger the treefarm, the faster you'll get sludge. if your treefarm gets bigger then 5x5, I'd use more harvesters with radius upgrades. this way you are using 3 harvester and 1 planter, instead of 4 harvesters and 4 planters, which saves on energy
Yeah Im a little noobish when it comes to this as for the farms I understand that trees are better I just wanted the concept of sludge production if I were to make it ingame I would use the pine trees from biomes o plenty for a larger amount of sludge production as well as a basic iron tank.[DOUBLEPOST=1391285894][/DOUBLEPOST]
Doesn't sludge also produce soulsand?
You can run it through the industrial centrifuge for coal dust, oil and fertilizer.​
Yes sludge will make soul sand never thought of the maybe ill edit this for a v2 that adds this function thnx.