Possible Bug with Soul Shard Mobs

draymonite

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a cow drop with a floor of transposers at bottom. the problem came into when i only part chunk loaded the drop area(missed 4 blocks of the pitfall). Mobs would still spawn in the unloaded chunk but take no damage from the fall then glitch out standing there doing nothing

Now on the server i play on, i have one hundred something cows in a row at the fall pit which i cannot kill. Anyone got any ideas of how to get rid of them short of deleting the chunk
2wgcbch.png

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You should have just used either a MFR Grinder or ExtraUtilities Iron Spike + BuildCraft 3's Obsidian Pipe. Sorry, I couldn, t offer you much in terms of solutions. But have you tried TNT or breaking all the transposers?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Tried pouring lava down there? Or, if you MUST have the drops, what's stopping you from just jumping down and punching them to death one at a time?

You should have just used either a MFR Grinder or ExtraUtilities Iron Spike + BuildCraft 3's Obsidian Pipe. Sorry, I couldn, t offer you much in terms of solutions. But have you tried TNT or breaking all the transposers?

He's playing Ultimate. There is no ExtraUtils in Ultimate.

draymonite

Jul 29, 2019

The main purpose of this pit was for endermen drops. the MFR system would spawn them then they would Tp away before the grinder could kill them at one stage i had 30 something endermen running around my base

Tried pouring lava down there? Or, if you MUST have the drops, what's stopping you from just jumping down and punching them to death one at a time?

Am unable to interact with them at all. if i pour lava then they sit there enjoying the warmth, if i use water they bob away but reappear in the same spot once i remove the water. i have tried bare fist, pick axes, vorpal swords even a sword of the zepher with a fire aspect enchant but for some reason the cows are immortal

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Have you tried removing the redpower flooring, and then suffocating the cows with sand/gravel? Try and get the cows first onto vanilla blocks, it may be the game is trying to position them onto the transposer, but the chunk edge is doing something funky with the transposers and co-ords for the cows, and so is trying to resolve that before allowing any other interaction, thus making the cows immortal.

Put a water shield over the grinding area, the endermen can't teleport through water (as far as I know), so would have no where to go.

draymonite

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried removing the redpower flooring, and then suffocating the cows with sand/gravel? Try and get the cows first onto vanilla blocks, it may be the game is trying to position them onto the transposer, but the chunk edge is doing something funky with the transposers and co-ords for the cows, and so is trying to resolve that before allowing any other interaction, thus making the cows immortal.

Put a water shield over the grinding area, the endermen can't teleport through water (as far as I know), so would have no where to go.

Actually got a mod to help me and we remove ALL the underlying material even bedrock to try and make them fall into the void but still they keep teleporting back to the glitch spot
and yes i did try gravel and sand

the main thing i am trying to get across is the cows that spawned on the loaded chunk Died on impact the ones that spawned on the unloaded chunk, due to poor location on spawner, are virtually immortal

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Only other drastic option is to get the server to turn off all passive mobs, restart server, then turn them back on, restart server, and give back everyone on the server their animals. All passive mobs everywhere would be removed as a result.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, just by having a solid roof over the enderman spawn will prevent them from teleporting away. That is how I set up my mfr auto-spawner+grinder farm.[DOUBLEPOST=1376580085][/DOUBLEPOST]

He's playing Ultimate. There is no ExtraUtils in Ultimate.

Sorry, I have no idea which pack he is playing on. :( He didn't mentioned it so I just assumed he's playing on a 1.1.2/.3 FTB Unleashed server.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah...somehow my mind keeps telling me those are MFR's item Collectors, since that is how I do it. /blush

draymonite

Jul 29, 2019
Update: cows are gone, what i did was removed all chunk loaders and chunk loading devices for a 16 chunk radius of my base then logged for 12 hours and hoped noone would stumble across my base while i was gone. when i logged back on, All mobs with the aforementioned area were gone: MFR Villagers, the cows and xp grinder mobs