Pendants and Deep Dark

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This morning my son entered the deep dark for the first time with tons of pendants from GeoStrata on. As soon as he entered he started getting massive fire damage and he eventually died with the message 'killed by magic' or something. I could enter with no problem but I had only the 'generating' (magenta) pendant on. He then tried again and the same thing happened. Then he removed all his pendants and only then could he enter the deep dark. Is there some effect (perhaps not directly related to pendants) which actually causes damage in the deep dark?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
there is damage from not enough light. if it is too dark you will take damage but that is it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
there is damage from not enough light. if it is too dark you will take damage but that is it.

Well this was clearly not the problem. I was in the same room with my son and I had no damage at all. Also the damage you get from low light is pretty minor. He was getting major damage and killed very fast. Additionally the problem was solved by him removing all pendants. And finally this was in the starting room of the deep dark which is lit pretty well.

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
Well this was clearly not the problem. I was in the same room with my son and I had no damage at all. Also the damage you get from low light is pretty minor. He was getting major damage and killed very fast. Additionally the problem was solved by him removing all pendants. And finally this was in the starting room of the deep dark which is lit pretty well.
Pretty sure all the pendants/crystals from geostrata have negative effects in the deep dark like they would in the nether

Reactions: McJty