Peaceful Tables, swords, and wacky pipe problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
So I asked about this in the "simple questions" thread a while ago, and got what seemed to be a pretty straightforward answer, except than I am very, very dumb.

So I have a chest. It is surrounded on all 4 sides by peaceful tables. As per how things work with peaceful tables, the chest has a sword in it. I also have a storage bus hooked up on the underside of the chest, thus allowing my ME network to access the contents.

Ideally, I'd like the system to pull all the drops out of the chest as mobs get killed. Of course, any system I've tried that pulls out the mob drops also pulls out the sword that's required for the tables to function. A second, slightly less important thing I'd like to implement is for the ME network to re-craft a sword and stick it into that chest every time the one in there breaks.

So the idea that was pitched in the Simple Questions thread was to use logistics pipes. It definitely looks like that would be able to do what I need to do, if I weren't so bad at understanding things. Especially complicated things.

So the questions:
1: How does one use Logistics Pipes (or any other system) to pull everything except for one item type from a chest?
2: What's the optimal set-up for the "re-craft my sword" tangle of cables/emitters/busses?
3: For those of you who use Peaceful Tables - what's your setup like?

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
1. With a Chassis Pipe and a Advanced Extractor Module. There you can specify which items to include/exclude.
2. I would use a ME Interface. Set it to provide (and autocraft) one sword at all times. Then hook up a Provider Logistics Pipe/Chassis Pipe with Provider Module to it. Finally insert a Passive Supplier Module into the Chassis Pipe you already have on your Peaceful Table Chest.
3. I used it when my shoulder was injured and I had to play with one hand, so I couldn't fight monsters. I had 6 Tables around an Ender Chest and the Logistics Pipes setup on another Ender Chest.

Reactions: Larmonade

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
1. With a Chassis Pipe and a Advanced Extractor Module. There you can specify which items to include/exclude.
2. I would use a ME Interface. Set it to provide (and autocraft) one sword at all times. Then hook up a Provider Logistics Pipe/Chassis Pipe with Provider Module to it. Finally insert a Passive Supplier Module into the Chassis Pipe you already have on your Peaceful Table Chest.
3. I used it when my shoulder was injured and I had to play with one hand, so I couldn't fight monsters. I had 6 Tables around an Ender Chest and the Logistics Pipes setup on another Ender Chest.
Just curious how long has your arm been injured? Playing Minecraf with one hand...

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious how long has your arm been injured? Playing Minecraf with one hand...

I wasn't allowed to move my arm at all for about 6 weeks. Since I couldn't do much else, I played Minecraft with one hand. Or well, One and a half hand. I have a little Bluetooth keyboard, which I used to press WASD. Couldn't reach more keys with it^^

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Wow...so I'm apparently incapable of doing this.

Here's What I've got on my "test" system where I've trying to figure this out - An interface to the north, set to craft and hold 1 sword. Attached to it is a chassis with a provider module, which is set to the sword.

To the south, I have a chest (which will ultimately be the one with the tables) - Attached to it is a chassis with passive supplier module and an advanced extractor module. The extractor is set to exclude swords, the supplier is set to supply swords.

To the east, I have another chest that is the "destination" for the loot from the southern chest. It's hooked up to a regular pipe that is the "default" destination.

I can get the Southern Table chest to send stuff to the eastern "destination" chest - if I dump in a bunch of something, it all goes there. If I put swords in, they stay put. However, if I take the sword out of it, the interface to the north does not send a new one to it. What am I screwing up here?

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it in my test world and it didn't work with the Passive Supplier Module. Either it's bugged or I've mistaken it's functionality. A Supplier Pipe works though.
By the way, you don't need your destination chest. You can route the items back to the Interface with either a Basic Logistics Pipe set to default route or an Item Sink Module.

Reactions: Larmonade

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! I finally got this bad-boy up and running!

I got rid of the destination chest and added the Item sink module to the Interface pipe, and I ended up with two pipes on the Table chest - one chassis with the advanced export and one supplier pipe. Since I'm using a ender chest, like you suggested, it keeps the actual area with the tables completely clear of pipes while another ender chest sits in my item processing room with all the pipes on it.

Thanks for the help - I hope others can find this thread and use this info as well.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! I finally got this bad-boy up and running!

[..]

Thanks for the help - I hope others can find this thread and use this info as well.

Congratulations!
Maybe you can post screenshots of your setup so other people with problems setting it up can copy it easier.