Ore processing with style

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
After making new pick with fortune autosmelt i was amazed by it's performance, but i was quite upset with it totally obliterating my inventory space. So in order to utilize it's advantage and negate it's disadvantage i came with this setup:
2014_01_06_00_14_29.png
The setup:
1 Energetic Infuser from TE. Can be changed with IC2 or Mekanism alternative.
2 TiCO pick: cobalt head, paper biding and rod. mods: fortune, autosmelt, flux(electric) redstone.
3 Dynamism Tablet from TC4
4 ME Interface. can be changed to storage of choice.
5 MFR Block Placer. Other should also work, but this one wasn't banned on server i play.

How it works:
Block placer places ore which is being dug up by tablet, smelted and multiplied. A golem, who is shy and run away when i made a screenshot, picks up drops and puts them into interface. When pick runs out of juice, it get pulled by itemduct using NBT data into infuser and after recharge is placed back into a tablet.

Pros:
1 Fancy
2 Higher than double output

Cons:
1 Expensive on lapis. Even more expensive if 2 picks are used - no delay for recharge
2 noisier than TE
3 laggier than TE
4 not recommended for ores that have secondary output that you care about when processed conventionally i.e. ferrous ore with shiny dust as byproduct.
5 not recommended for ores that has different output when smelted insted of pulverized/macerated i.e. coal with openperipherals turns into a carbon.

additional notes:
1 it also spawn exp orb, so some sort of exp collector and sink should be used (any ideas?)
2 i tired using hopper instead of a golem, but such ores like lapis and redstone tend to fly away from it even when all sides are blocked(tablet isn't a solid block duh).

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That is very cool! I might have to do something similar in my world once I get to that point. As for the XP collector, you could put a brain in a jar nearby. Not sure how much it will collect though.

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
or just place a tank with a xp grate on it below the area where block placer places the block.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
As for the XP collector, you could put a brain in a jar nearby. Not sure how much it will collect though.
if it hasn't been improved compared to TC3 version for allowing pipe interaction i don't see the point in using those.
i remember in TC3 visor alowed golem to collect xp, but i can't remember if there is a limit, to make set&forget setup.

use a vacuum hopper. Just set the xp output and connect a fluiduct and store the xp in a tank
thanks. that thing works like a charm.

or just place a tank with a xp grate on it below the area where block placer places the block.
i didn't find xp grate in DW20's modpack. from what mod is it?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder.... would the autonomous activator from Thermal Expansion also work instead of the dynanism tablet?
as for the drops... the vaccuum hopper should also be able to suck those in, so you can give that little golem some rest

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder.... would the autonomous activator from Thermal Expansion also work instead of the dynanism tablet?
as for the drops... the vaccuum hopper should also be able to suck those in, so you can give that little golem some rest
activator doesn't work. it just doesn't simulate left click long enough for pick to break ore. if there was a way to prolong that time or make even faster pick it might work.

well the shy golem does indeed rest in chest when no one will disturb him.
OpenBlocks

still can't find it. perhaps i miss it's proper name?

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
activator doesn't work. it just doesn't simulate left click long enough for pick to break ore. if there was a way to prolong that time or make even faster pick it might work.

well the shy golem does indeed rest in chest when no one will disturb him.

still can't find it. perhaps i miss it's proper name?
I believe it's just called a grate. Just search "@mod.openblocks" and it's the one that looks like a drain cover