OPTIFINE needs to be added

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
You can add it yourself. There have been issues with them setting up a method to add it to the pack, so it isn't in yet.

BurningCake

Jul 29, 2019
Install it yourself?

FTB doesn't have permission by the author of Optifine, so I can't include it anyway.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Also, FTB does have permission, they just haven't been able to meet the terms, which requires something like a download straight from the site. No mirroring allowed. FTB mirrors the mod files so mod authors sites don't get hit with the traffic, plus this allows FTB to control the files. If a mod authors site goes down for any reason, FTB can still operate. Plus, if there IS a problem, they can fix it themselves.

Note: This post is off of memory as I've long since lost where the details on this were.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Also, FTB does have permission, they just haven't been able to meet the terms, which requires something like a download straight from the site. No mirroring allowed. FTB mirrors the mod files so mod authors sites don't get hit with the traffic, plus this allows FTB to control the files. If a mod authors site goes down for any reason, FTB can still operate. Plus, if there IS a problem, they can fix it themselves.

Note: This post is off of memory as I've long since lost where the details on this were.

Well if they can't meet the terms of the agreement to include in the mod pack than no they don't have permission currently, hence the mod not being included.

That is neither here nor there, currently it is not packed so install it yourself ;)

ryanob

Jul 29, 2019
Well when i put it in the add mod THing It dosnt add all the Extra Video Detials in the Options So i still lag like Hell
if I can Get Optifine To give you guys Permissions Well you add it?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Well when i put it in the add mod THing It dosnt add all the Extra Video Detials in the Options So i still lag like Hell

None of us are the mod packers. Also, they are already in direct contact with the author, and are trying to work out a solution.

Did you add optifine to the jar mods section? It's not a forge mod.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019

You need to place the zip archive in MODPACKNAME/instMods where the MinecraftForge.zip archive is located. Then make sure you actually restart Minecraft to see the effects.

Also, make sure you're using the 1.4.2 version and don't use the multi-core feature.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a server mod anyway so it isn't a huge deal that you need to install it manually.

ryanob

Jul 29, 2019
I got it To Work I Just Added it To Each Thing Jar Mods Core Mods ETC. and I got it to work <3 thanks Any Way Guys

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a good idea to add it to every directory. You just have to add it to the same directory where the Forge archive is located and you're good to go. Ultimately you can do whatever you want, but being sloppy about managing things like that only tends to lead to more problems down the line.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is neither terrible nor good. It is an alternative, a resource which may or may not save someone from terrible performance. It ruins appearances for some people (usually that's due to specific features that can be fixed or turned off though...), or even ruin performance for some, but that doesn't mean Optifine is a detriment to everyone. For some, it manages to turn the game from completely unplayable to playable, or even grants great performance. For the same reason I think it shouldn't be included in the pack by default, it shouldn't be called worthless either.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
OptiFine is working without issue for me under most circumstances. Flopping around to one MystCraft age after another can cause a slow degradation of textures leading to a crash, but for normal use the main thing is to just make absolutely certain the multi-core chunk loading is turned off and hope it's fixed for a future version.

Bon3zz1001

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as I'm using 1.4.2, my statement stands. Every single "ultra" version has the issues I listed and the standard doesn't work as it crashes upon loading the level or if by chance the game actually loads the save it crashes upon loading new chunks. The light version is worthless to me as it doesn't have HD texture support. I also tried disabling threaded optimization in the Nvidia CP and that of course to no surprise did nothing to stop optifails issues. Every single time I've tried using it on previous versions on both my desktop and laptop its done the exact same things.

Would be nice to be able to use the superior MCPatcher but apparently that doesn't work with this modpack.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine works for some and doesn't work for others.

Also as many people here have said it isn't that hard to install it yourself.

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as I'm using 1.4.2, my statement stands. Every single "ultra" version has the issues I listed and the standard doesn't work as it crashes upon loading the level or if by chance the game actually loads the save it crashes upon loading new chunks. The light version is worthless to me as it doesn't have HD texture support. I also tried disabling threaded optimization in the Nvidia CP and that of course to no surprise did nothing to stop optifails issues. Every single time I've tried using it on previous versions on both my desktop and laptop its done the exact same things.

Would be nice to be able to use the superior MCPatcher but apparently that doesn't work with this modpack.
Minecraft forge includes HD texture pack support See http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/texture-support-in-ftb_launcher.3182/#post-35346