Opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
but contacts are functional.

I'm talking "hipster black rimmed glasses", which when seen on an actual hipster 5/10 times they are falsies. non-prescription lenses.

See: Captain America Winter Soldier. For what these glasses look like

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
open-source mods fans claim that MFFS should have better TCon tool parts
Last updated on 12/09/2014

This is the minecrosoft drama generator in a nutshell
Sent from the cheese universe

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think the Golden Age of minecraft is now behind us. CPW has already confirmed he will be leaving.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I find this quote from the MS article promising:

The Minecraft community is passionate and diverse, ranging across all ages and demographics. We respect the brand and independent spirit that has made Minecraft great, and we’ll carry on the tradition of innovation to move the franchise forward. Our investments in cloud, Xbox Live and mobile technology will enable players to benefit from richer and faster worlds, more powerful development tools, and more opportunities to connect with the Minecraft community.

See the 'more powerful development tools'. To me that hints to modding. No?

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds to me like XBL exclusives, microsoft servers and a rewrite of the code, possibly to VS C#...

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Is the game going to change? Will we still be able to make videos, mods, awesome builds, and all the cool stuff we’ve created over the past few years?
Minecraft will continue to evolve, just like it has since the start of development. We don’t know specific plans for Minecraft’s future yet, but we do know that everyone involved wants the community to grow and become even more amazing than it’s ever been. Stopping players making cool stuff is not in anyone’s interests.

no definitive word then

could still mean for just the MS devs (aka forcing every "Mojangsta" to use visual studio)

Reactions: Yarma92

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
'Our investments in cloud, Xbox Live and mobile technology'

Azure/PC's, Xbones and Windows Phones... Buying Mojang to push their hardware, simple as that 2.5Bn is an insane amount to recoup thru game sales.

Don't panic ppl, we'll get a 1.9 built the same as we have now and 2.0 will be where the changes start coming in..

EDIT; this is fantastic news for vanilla players btw, mods eeehhhhhmmmm not so sure, small user base and the amount of headaches we cause means it's likely that 2.0 will, if not kill, completely change mods as we know them

STAYING

Last edited:

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if we should compile a list of modders and personalities that are:
leaving straight up
thinking, waiting
Staying

could be useful, but could be a troll/flame magnet...

'Our investments in cloud, Xbox Live and mobile technology'

Azure/PC's, Xbones and Windows Phones... Buying Mojang to push their hardware, simple as that 2.5Bn is an insane amount to recoup thru game sales.

Don't panic ppl, we'll get a 1.9 built the same as we have now and 2.0 will be where the changes start coming in

clever timing, 2.0, microsoft edition... lol

Reactions: pc_assassin

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I wonder if we should compile a list of modders and personalities that are:
leaving straight up
thinking, waiting
Staying

could be useful, but could be a troll/flame magnet...
I'll go with flame bait, kinda like mentioning FC or Greg

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Like people have said, it's possible the biggest changes they make are adding more development for windows 8 (since notch stopped that), and windows phone, then using minecraft to push their devices.

They could leave it alone for the most part, like they claim they're going to do...

but... I have my doubts...

Time will tell

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly am happy that we at least finally got some news. I think time will only tell and people that abandon ship immediately are just not... I don't know. I plan to stick around to be honest until/if anything really bad happens.

Now, who's going to step up to the plate.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
no word about mods though

but I think changing the EULA may not happen in 1.8 yet

Funny you should mention the EULA situation... So does Notch in his "Farewell Address":

http://pastebin.com/n1qTeikM

I hope some of you are proud of yourselves.

On the other hand, as a tech geek myself, I can understand his feelings that he never wanted to be an entrepreneur or a CEO. He's done well enough that he can now retire and play with the interesting stuff for the rest of his life and shut the door on the rest of the world if he wishes.

GG, Notch!