OK We get it..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

McToastyToast

Jul 29, 2019
We get it. Its a work in progress mod pack. We get that it takes time for stuff to be updated, We get that you are all humans to, and take time for stuff to get finished.

But really. How hard would it be for someone to throw up a tweet saying "Its almost done!" or "Its not gonna update today, sorry guys"

I know you guys want quality, but is it really that hard to get some information out?

I love all your work so far though. All the mod authors, and the modpack team. I love the look of the launcher to.

(but seriously, all I want for Christmas is Feed the Beast)

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that the team will be updating as soon as possible - you do realise that they have to wait for all the mods to be updated, right?

You do realise that you can track these mods yourself to get an idea of how long you will wait, right?

I don't think that you do get it.

Have patience.

Reactions: Meirlean

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, you can say that you are able to check the individual mods themselves, but I would also find it nice for the team to convey a bit more information, or at least compile it in such a way that we know that the last mod has two/one more bug to catch.

masonm12

Jul 29, 2019
I can't speak for the modders, but as a dev myself I know one of my constant issues is being overly optimistic when it comes to time estimations. Probably better not to know than to think it'll be tomorrow, and have it slip a month. Still, I know that feel bro, keep hope alive.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
What about meeting half way?

FTB -can't- update info on the modpack here because they have nothing to do with the majority of it's development. That's the job of individual modders.

What about updating with other info? "Today we reached X Downloads, thank you to our community!" "Happy holidays from F2B!" What about cool information on the mod? How powerful is the server we download from? How expensive to maintain? How many people downloading a time? Cool things like that I'd love to see. I Didn't know about the holiday update for Steve's Carts until I stumbled upon a video of it. Why not update the news with fun things like that?

It doesn't even have to be modpack related. Just an update, every day or so, only to let us know that the developers are still alive and kicking?

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, you can say that you are able to check the individual mods themselves, but I would also find it nice for the team to convey a bit more information, or at least compile it in such a way that we know that the last mod has two/one more bug to catch.
Some ppl are here cause they like the team to do that for them... isn't that what the modpack is for ? :p

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
uh, try waiting ~12 years for diablo 3 or starcraft 2...... want to know how frequently they updated info or ever gave an eta? They're a multi-billion dollar company, so I think these guys creating the mods that I spend more time on then D3, do not owe me anything. I will play what there is now and act like a kid at christmas as others release. Set your expectation to 0 and be happy when you get something.

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? These guys are working in their free time, for free, to help you enjoy a game without the hassles of chasing after all this stuff, sorting out issues with multiple mods being added, for yourself and others.

And yet you guys are asking even more?

Ahh, this is the new generation isn't it.

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
I am so confused..... you are waiting on the mod pack to come out??? What is it that I am playing with now??

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? These guys are working in their free time, for free, to help you enjoy a game without the hassles of chasing after all this stuff, sorting out issues with multiple mods being added, for yourself and others.

And yet you guys are asking even more?

Ahh, this is the new generation isn't it.

"Hey, FTB Staff, we love your mod. No seriously, best damn thing to ever happen to Minecraft. Pimpin website too. Man, my friends love your launcher, I know somebody who didn't even know how to use a credit card to buy minecraft, so this was a godsend. Now, if I had to suggest one thing-"

"THEIR DOING THIS FOR FREE HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR MORE DON'T YOU DARE CRITICIZE THEM GAMER ENTITLEMENT GAAAAAAH"

Yes, this is all for free. Yes, were not doing anything to contribute to it's development. Just because we criticize something doesn't mean we are suddenly ungrateful, demanding, or think we deserve better. No, we love this mod, and are just putting in our two cents. Now, The OP is a tad hostile and I don't like the name of the title, he could have been more polite. But the fact is that putting 'better communication with your community' as a possible place to improve is not an inherently evil idea.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is getting a bit out of hand. The point has been made and this thread is devolving. Thread is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.