Obtain villager without villages

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
May sound stupid to some, but hear me out.

Starting a new world, and I find villages to be pretty damned cheaty and overpowered.

You spawn without a block of dirt to your name, run around a bit, find a village and instantly you have stacks of food, metals, machines, wands, bees and whatnot. I don't like that, and I prefer to generate my world with villages OFF.

I know one might say "just don't pick up the stuff" .. but come on; it's way too tempting to have them a few blocks away while you are starved of supplies and materials.

However I know that in the later mid-game, villagers are good source of trading and emeralds (I still love smelting villagers :D)

So my question is, is there anyway to find/get/breed/create villagers when you have villages off? That is, without going op and spawning them in.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The procedure is the following:

To cure a zombie villager, you will need to trap it so that it can't escape and won't burn during the day, then hit it with a splash potion of weakness and then feed it a golden apple. After a few minutes the zombie should change into a villager.

By feed it, it means right click a golden apple on the zombie villager.

Reactions: Shevron