No villages or dungeons?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Leathal

Jul 29, 2019
My friends and I are playing on a Magic World 2 server that has been modified a little. I have added about 4 mods the biggest being IC2. We have disabled Farlanders because those NPCs are all over the freaking place and really add nothing to the game.

From what we can see there are absolutely no villages or dungeons ( The castle tower looking things) that are spawning. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing it or something that I might be missing. The server is working great otherwise.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Well first check is structures are enable

If that is not the problem, how far did you look? Unless you tell us you scanned every spot in a 2k radius, you are probably just unlucky

Also, might want to find eye of ender and see if a thingy that leads to the end spawned

Leathal

Jul 29, 2019
Well... It took awhile but I can safely say that I have traveled the 2k radius. I even then took a little further and hopped on a boat to go to another main land area. I spent over an hour running around exploring there as well and still never came across a village or castle/tower. The config does have "generate structures = true". I haven't been able to test your eye of ender theory as of yet because it is a new server and I don't have the resources just yet.

Anyone have any other ideas on what might be causing this or somewhere to look? The only structures being generated are those small houses with the witches in them.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running then you didn't cover a 2km radius in an hour.. Open up minimap or mcedit and see all the spots you missed.

Leathal

Jul 29, 2019
You miss understood what I said. I was exploring for over 4 hours and 1 hour of that was spent on a completely different main land. You will have to pardon my ignorance on this one, but how exactly do I see what I have missed using "minimap" (using Zan's). I don't have MCEdit on the server to my knowledge and I have no experience with it:( Maybe I will have to look into it.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I see, sorry misunderstood. Open up the big map and zoom out, you'll see that you've explored corridors of land and between them will be black ungenerated chunks, look there.

Unfortunately world gen problems are very difficult to pinpoint especially if you've changed stuff. They're also generally unfixable without starting a new world.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Enable JourneyMap. You will have a much better idea of what you have explored and what you haven't. You can also often spot villages etc. on the map that you might have missed in your travels.

You can also bring up JourneyMaps minimap(along side with Zan's or whatever) to get a much wider view as you travel. A must for exploration IMO.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a terrain generator in the mod pack, sometimes the biomes in that mod have config settings to disable village spawns in them.