[New mod pack] What do you think so far? [unreleased]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

cielum

Jul 29, 2019
Basicly, the idea is good. The problem is following: If you take away the things the people play normally with, they want some alternatives. They only mods which arent that well-known in your list are RoW and RoC. If you want to make that popular, you need more new toys. ;)

So let me suggest a few new non-RF mods: (I won't write that much about every mod because you can inform yourself and im not a native speaker :p)
Thats it for now. :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Basicly, the idea is good. The problem is following: If you take away the things the people play normally with, they want some alternatives. They only mods which arent that well-known in your list are RoW and RoC. If you want to make that popular, you need more new toys. ;)

So let me suggest a few new non-RF mods: (I won't write that much about every mod because you can inform yourself and im not a native speaker :p)

I must admit, I was tempted to suggest Flaxbeard's myself :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Flaxbeards has Minetweaker/Modtweaker support, so I have no issues with that :)
Minechem wouldn't fit, in my opinion, as it allows players to make everything (that it can make), assuming they have the right "chemicals"
I am going to have to look into the other 3 when I get home.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's 1.7.10, but I am going on the basis (for mods that accept/produce RF) that if the mod left 1.6.4 using a power source that wasn't RF, it would be added; Buildcraft, Railcraft :p

Ahh ok. I'll look into it then. I was never a fan of the mass amount of "pointless ores" added when Electricraft/ReC, but I guess that's because I never used them :p

As for enhanced inventories, why is it better than Iron Chests? I'm at work, so I can't download it and look :/
Does it have bigger/better inventories. It has some nice features, but needs some sort of large storage size to entice me (because I hate double chest mechanics, as they mean you can't place 3 chests next to each other)
The metal variations it shares with Iron chests are equivalent in size as a single chest. It also covers a lot more metals, especially with TiC installed - suddenly you can have manyullyn chests which holds something like 162 stacks in the single chest. All its chests can be made double, but only with a chest made using the same wool, planks and metal. Identically constructed chests can also be placed next to each other without joining by putting them through the crafting grid to change them to the 'alternate' version, the whole point of which is to only join with other 'alternate' chests that match it.
It visually shows what wood, wool and metal its made from, with the metal being what determines storage capacity and the others being visual. This supports most common modded planks, including the plank varieties from chisel.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The metal variations it shares with Iron chests are equivalent in size as a single chest. It also covers a lot more metals, especially with TiC installed - suddenly you can have manyullyn chests which holds something like 162 stacks in the single chest. All its chests can be made double, but only with a chest made using the same wool, planks and metal. Identically constructed chests can also be placed next to each other without joining by putting them through the crafting grid to change them to the 'alternate' version, the whole point of which is to only join with other 'alternate' chests that match it.
It visually shows what wood, wool and metal its made from, with the metal being what determines storage capacity and the others being visual. This supports most common modded planks, including the plank varieties from chisel.
OMG! That sounds amazing!
That has to be in here!
And it has Refined Relocation support :D

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, it seems kind of thrown together. I had a similar idea where I would use mods that use Rf, but disable all of their power generation and include mods like IC2, Railcraft, and (at the time) Mekanism with MFR. My Idea was that EU and UE would be the two main power sources but all the RF machines needed conversion using MFR and Mekanism's cables that can convert power. It would allow people to use whatever generators, reactors, boilers, etc that they wanted and not need to worry about having different power systems for different mods while making power in general more expensive than using Thermal expansion or Extra Utilities generators.

I'd like to suggest Factorization, IC2, and MFR mostly for farming solutions and power converting cables(has what? 2 blocks that produce rf at quite a small amount compared to the usage of the machines?).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, it seems kind of thrown together. I had a similar idea where I would use mods that use Rf, but disable all of their power generation and include mods like IC2, Railcraft, and (at the time) Mekanism with MFR. My Idea was that EU and UE would be the two main power sources but all the RF machines needed conversion using MFR and Mekanism's cables that can convert power. It would allow people to use whatever generators, reactors, boilers, etc that they wanted and not need to worry about having different power systems for different mods while making power in general more expensive than using Thermal expansion or Extra Utilities generators.

I'd like to suggest Factorization, IC2, and MFR mostly for farming solutions and power converting cables(has what? 2 blocks that produce rf at quite a small amount compared to the usage of the machines?).
I am avoiding mods that have bad documentation/limited documentation, or are just duplicating features already in others mods, so no IC2. I may look into Fz. But MFR needs RF (out of the power sources in the pack) and I don't want people to be trying to focus on RF power, so no MFR, even though I love that mod greatly.

cielum

Jul 29, 2019
And? What do you think about Cogs, Ancient Warfare and Electrical Age?
(dont wanna stress you - only excited about these mods in a pack :D)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
And? What do you think about Cogs, Ancient Warfare and Electrical Age?
(dont wanna stress you - only excited about these mods in a pack :D)
Ancient Warfare has changed hands with the modders, so I am going to leave it out, until I see a link from the new modder. Just because support is key.
Electrical age, as nice as it looks, Imma say no to, just because of how it looks (that sounds really contradictory, doesn't it :/) But it looks modern tech, more than "Industrial Tech"
Cogs... hmm... I am on the fence. I don't see a reason to add it, but it does look pretty cool... If you have used it, you will have to persuade me/give me a reason to use it.

Reactions: cielum

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Unrelated to the Reika's mods wall o' text: Might I suggest Enhanced Inventories to replace Iron Chests?

Not trying to necro-jack the thread, but your mention of Enhanced Inventories got me curious about the mod, which looks pretty cool.

However, the latest release does not seem to be very stable with NEI, nor does it seem to appreciate getting blown up by TNT. :)

I'd like to replace Iron Chests -- don't get me wrong, I like Iron Chests, but I could appreciate a little change here and there. Enhanced Inventories could be a great replacement if the kinks get worked out. The NEI problem was reported and acknowledged almost a month ago.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I know about NEI, but I don't know why it is doing it, as it is using the latest recommended versions of everything... and it's really bugging me.
However this pack does have it's own thread now (see 2nd link in signature)