Never seen this crash before, ever!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jax__099

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so let me tell you what my minecraft is first off the bat

1. Magic farm 2.1.8
2. add most of the mods from blood and bones
3. added all of the mods from magic world 2
4. added other random stuff

This crash happened when I updated some Thaumcraft Add-Ons, but the crash log doesnt reference any thaumcraft stuff at all :confused:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ouch. That hurt :(

Time: 5/26/14 9:38 AM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Material with id tile.for.planks is already registered.
at codechicken.microblock.MicroMaterialRegistry$.registerMaterial(MicroMaterialRegistry.scala:130)
at codechicken.microblock.BlockMicroMaterial$.createAndRegister(BlockMicroMaterial.scala:128)
at codechicken.microblock.BlockMicroMaterial$$anonfun$createAndRegister$1.apply$mcVI$sp(BlockMicroMaterial.scala:133)
at codechicken.microblock.BlockMicroMaterial$$anonfun$createAndRegister$1.apply(BlockMicroMaterial.scala:133)
at codechicken.microblock.BlockMicroMaterial$$anonfun$createAndRegister$1.apply(BlockMicroMaterial.scala:133)
at scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized$class.foreach(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:33)
at scala.collection.mutable.WrappedArray.foreach(WrappedArray.scala:34)
at codechicken.microblock.BlockMicroMaterial$.createAndRegister(BlockMicroMaterial.scala:133)
at codechicken.microblock.ConfigContent$$anonfun$load$1.apply$mcVI$sp(ConfigContent.scala:127)
at scala.collection.immutable.Range.foreach$mVc$sp(Range.scala:141)
at codechicken.microblock.ConfigContent$.load(ConfigContent.scala:119)
at codechicken.microblock.handler.MicroblockMod$.init(MicroblockMod.scala:31)
at codechicken.microblock.handler.MicroblockMod.init(MicroblockMod.scala)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:545)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:699)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:249)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:509)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Cramming that many mods together just like that can cause millions of different problems. Not surprising it crashed.

In fact, I would be greatly surprised if it did work without loads of tweaking.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so let me tell you what my minecraft is first off the bat

1. Magic farm 2.1.8
2. add most of the mods from blood and bones
3. added all of the mods from magic world 2
4. added other random stuff
Not only will you get "multiple versions of mod" errors, you'll also get ID conflicts and so many more problems.
This is the real problem, why would you need that many mods?!
That must be like 250 mods!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
what OP did was like mixing ammonia and bleach together because they though "hey! both those things clean well!" then they are wondering why it's getting hard to breath.

Yeah you have to be smart when mixing mods man, one you may have duplicate versions of the same mod that and BnB uses minetweaker and a seperate set of configs.

Actually did you even transfer the configs over?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
what OP did was like mixing ammonia and bleach together because they though "hey! both those things clean well!" then they are wondering why it's getting hard to breath.

Yeah you have to be smart when mixing mods man, one you may have duplicate versions of the same mod that and BnB uses minetweaker and a seperate set of configs.

Actually did you even transfer the configs over?
I guess some people just don't know how life works:

Life = Hard Work = Good Outcome.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
First of OP, this is your crash problem:
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Material with id tile.for.planks is already registered."
Problem? ID conflict!

But you will get 50 more unless you do this properly.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
First of OP, this is your crash problem:
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Material with id tile.for.planks is already registered."
Problem? ID conflict!

But you will get 50 more unless you do this properly.

Very true sir, very true.

You clould make it work if you spend time:

Fixing id conflicts
Removing duplicate mods
Removing incompatible mods
Maybe tweak some OP stuff

This indeed requires time and effort if you want to do it good

Reactions: RealSketch

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Never happened for me. I incorporate into all my builds, trying to see how efficient it could be.
Well, the OP stuff you are speaking of mustn't be the OP stuff I'm thinking of if you are talking about efficiency. The OP stuff I'm thinking of is the stuff where efficiency doesn't matter. Like dirt for diamonds sort of stuff.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Well, the OP stuff you are speaking of mustn't be the OP stuff I'm thinking of if you are talking about efficiency. The OP stuff I'm thinking of is the stuff where efficiency doesn't matter. Like dirt for diamonds sort of stuff.
Yo dawg, I heard you like OP stuff so I got you some OP stuff that is OP straight from OP-ville. Its the most OP stuff to ever be crowned OP by the OPest OP stuff in the OP universe, which is OP because OP is OP. K dawg?

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
OP= Magiccrops diamond seeds with a (mods) default dupe chance of 20%,
Use a watering can on them for like 5 mins and you have 20 diamond seeds instead of 1

null123

Mar 27, 2014
OP= Magiccrops diamond seeds with a (mods) default dupe chance of 20%,
Use a watering can on them for like 5 mins and you have 20 diamond seeds instead of 1
No. Unfair is having 3 large chests full of diamond blocks in 5 minutes, via mystrcraft. Unfaur to the player, is having virtually no use for said diamonds.

jax__099

Jul 29, 2019
Ok to respond to everybody here. Ive been doing this since 1.2.5, I had a flawless copy running on my system, I thought I clearly stated that it was running properly with the 224 mods before updating a few mods:
I updated:
forbidden magic from 0.333 to 0.34
technomancy from ? to .42a
and then I added JAMI-1.6.4-1.0.13.122.jar

It has been working fine until adding that, there are no id conflicts that show up in idconflicts.txt in my minecraft folder,
Cramming that many mods together just like that can cause millions of different problems. Not surprising it crashed.

In fact, I would be greatly surprised if it did work without loads of tweaking.
I did tweak it over the course of a month or two.
Not only will you get "multiple versions of mod" errors, you'll also get ID conflicts and so many more problems.
This is the real problem, why would you need that many mods?!
That must be like 250 mods!
fixed all of the id conflicts over multiple attempts and idconflicts.txt s

Very true sir, very true.

You clould make it work if you spend time:

Fixing id conflicts
Removing duplicate mods
Removing incompatible mods
Maybe tweak some OP stuff

This indeed requires time and effort if you want to do it good
I have done all of this, there are no id conflicts, i think two mods might be overwriting vanilla objects (planks)
nowhere did i mention incompatible mods or duplicates i'm not incompetent i don't go running to the forums at every crash.
^^This! ;)

My modpack is taking me hours, and this is only setting it up.

Mine has taken me months

OK but none of you have answered my question, I dont think that it is an ID conflict, there are jsut two mods trying to add data to planks, I thought it was adding a multiblock to it with JAMI but i got this crash with jami in.

also to everyone in general it is balanced, start with 5 hearts and get a heart every 5 levels, there is only thermal expansion for tech and everything OP is magic related but it takes forever to research and you will ide of starvation or infernal mobs or lycanites mobs before you even get a redd farm going XD

Last edited: