Netherrack to lava loop (Direwolf20)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Denaton

Jul 29, 2019
When i played on the beta version of FTB, the Thermal Expansion's Netherrack to lava in the Magma Crucible was lower. So i could use Electric Engines to make lava for Geothermal and it made more then it used.

When i started to play on Direwolf20 pack i quickly notice that i could not do this anymore so it took me a while to fix the loop.

Its easy, just do this:
b9vmA.png

How it works?
The Magmatic Engine makes a little more then 16000MJ per lava Bucket (or 1000mB).
Magma Crucible makes ~<2000mB.
All the lava get sent in to the engine.
The Gate looks if the engine has space, if it do its on else its off.

If the Gate is On the Iron pipe block the path for the lava.
If the Gate is Off its open up.

This do so the lava that don't fit in the Engine get sent to a tank or a Geothermal (or something else).

Note: The Redstone Control in the Engine need to be off.

yjtUQ.png

Minimum Requirement:
1 Magma Crucible
1 Magmatic Engine
2 Cobblestone Waterproof Pipe
1 Iron Waterproof Pipe
1 Cobblestone Structure Pipe
1 Gate

I like to make a Netherrack loop with pipes and a barrel so it always full with Netherrack. Getting 100 Stack of Netherrack only takes a few minutes and can keep this running for a long time and that makes it an ideal fuel source.
Note: I am not the best Minecrafter and there is always room for Upgrades. Next step is to figure out how to make it an Array.

This forum needs a Tutorial section.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Nice and compact.

Note though that there's rumored to be a magmatic engine nerf in Thermal Expansion's future.

Denaton

Jul 29, 2019
Nice and compact.

Note though that there's rumored to be a magmatic engine nerf in Thermal Expansion's future.

Well that's all depends on how much. If they nerf it by more then half of the power given or lava used, this wont work.
But it will still work if we get more then 8000MJ per 1000mB. :D

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
If there would be a nerf for magmatic engines, you could always use Stirling ones, they give you full 20 000. Keep in mind that gate setup in this way can break on world/chunk reloading, however adding some redstone circuitry (for example simple torch on a block) will fix this issue.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Which means that people will just switch to using Iron Engines + aqueous accumulators. They produce 20,000 MJ / lava bucket (At 1MJ/t instead of 2 though, and more expensive). Unless that gets nerfed also then nerfing magmatic engines won't make (much of) a difference.

Denaton

Jul 29, 2019
Which means that people will just switch to using Iron Engines + aqueous accumulators. They produce 20,000 MJ / lava bucket (At 1MJ/t instead of 2 though, and more expensive). Unless that gets nerfed also then nerfing magmatic engines won't make (much of) a difference.
* Combustion engine