Need some tips/help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
So im fairly new to FTB , and havent played much of other mods ( abit of tekkit ) , so my main question is what to do with that huge ammount of cobble dirt and etc .
Im using few quarrys and i get abit too much of cobble than i would ever need in buildings , of course i can stash it up in barrel , but i would never use it , so is there any good use for big ammounts of cobble ? Also some other tips for newbie would be usefull.

( i hope im posting this in the right place , and sorry for my bad english+lack of any structure)

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
You can make sand (and therefor glass) in a pulverizer. You can feed it to recyclers to make scrap for mass fabricators. You can melt it into lava to power geothermals, magmagic engines, railcraft steam boiler, etc.

That's just off the top of my head.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
For a MJ->EU conversion, smelt cobble to lava in the magma crucible, which can then be burned in a geothermal. Depending on the scale you work on, this can help lower your cobble stash. Problems with getting sand for glass? Macerate the cobble to sand. Also you can turn the cobble to scrap via the IC² recycler. Either use that scrap in your massfab for UUMatter production, or combine it to scrapboxes or even burn it in a generator.

For testing purposes I cheated in my singleplayer world a bit:
10 x (TE-cobble generator above recycler with one overclocker). Feed the output to a generator->batbox->recyclers, with overflow going into a chest -> automatic crafting table (set to scrapboxes) to an output chest. It will fill over time with boxes. Have fun testing your luck :)

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
abit unrelated to cobble :
i was thinking on using Forester/Logger ( i presume one of these grows and produces wood ) , then turning it into charcoal and feeding this to engines/generators , would this work ?

BeddingPlants

Jul 29, 2019
abit unrelated to cobble :
i was thinking on using Forester/Logger ( i presume one of these grows and produces wood ) , then turning it into charcoal and feeding this to engines/generators , would this work ?
Yes it would. I have a few generators supplied with charcoal by logistics pipes, with wood from tree farms.

Scghost

Jul 29, 2019
This is something troubling me aswell. first, i dont know if it is a bug but the IC2 matter fabricator sometimes doesnt produce matter fast enough even with scrap in it. and secondly, unless you have like three machines (and the power to run em) you still get MUCH more stone then you can burn. so my question is, is there an eficient way to make all that stone into power to run machines or the quarry itseft? Currently i have a MFSU powering the quarry in a different age with 1 upgraded electric engine. so much stone........

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
although it would seem that there would be some trouble with fertilizers as those gems to create them are a bit unconvenientely placed.

This is something troubling me aswell. first, i dont know if it is a bug but the IC2 matter fabricator sometimes doesnt produce matter fast enough even with scrap in it. and secondly, unless you have like three machines (and the power to run em) you still get MUCH more stone then you can burn. so my question is, is there an eficient way to make all that stone into power to run machines or the quarry itseft? Currently i have a MFSU powering the quarry in a different age with 1 upgraded electric engine. so much stone........

as they noted , you could make your stones into magma and use it for the geothermal ones

Scghost

Jul 29, 2019
I have. and unless u burn nerher rack. u dont produce fast enough. heck even at full power is very slow for alll the stone that is coming in.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Personally.. I pass all my logs and cobble stone through some crafting tables to make slabs, and then recycle it all. Store teh scrap in an extradimensional barrel until you have a matter fab, or use them right away if you can make a mass fab.

I have a cobblegenerator (GT Rock-breaker or TE pick your poison) keeping an enderchest full of cobble for various needs, others with sand, dirt, wood logs and gravel. From those I keep Iron chests filled with planks, stone, stone brick and glass automagically. So I don't need any of the bulk items from quarries at all.. My recycler can eat through a diamond chest of crap in a matter of moments and my mass fab keeps a buffer chest of scrap around JIC I wanna roll in it.

Scghost

Jul 29, 2019
I personally dont want this many stone/dirt/gravel/sand. but there has got to be something efficient to do with then rather then flush it down a void pipe.