Need some ME controller advice

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rahmerh

Jul 29, 2019
Hey!

I've got my ME controller all set working, but a bit too basic for me. I like to keep things complicated. Right now it's just 3 ME controller blocks next to each other. I was wondering if there are any advanced setups someone could explain. I've seen people making a sphere as their controller and it might look awesome, I'm not sure if it's practical. Could someone give me some advice on how to expand? It is in the center of the base, so I'd like it to look cool, if possible.

Last edited:

Rahmerh

Jul 29, 2019
That works fine, but I'm looking for something cool looking, since its the center piece of my base

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Check KingDaddyDmac's newer videos on YouTube, bit hard to explain and I'm not sure exactly how he did it but it looked good and had a truly ridiculous number of channels available

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Just build way more Controller blocks than you need, place them in an interesting shape ala Material Energy 4.

Rahmerh

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've constructed something cool looking, what do you guys think?

EDIT: Changed it up a bit, the connecting points weren't working. It works now and I'm working on setting up the quantum rings! Thank you so much guys!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    923.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: Gamefury64

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
looks nice, but also unnecessary. I have an entire system set up, with only one main controller. You can make AE2 subnets. Just place a storage-bus on an interface from another ae network, and you can also store it there, use 2 interfaces and storage busses if you want it to talk both ways. I do recommend using one subnetwork only for storage so you know in which network everything eventually will end up.
I have a network for:
  • Ore processing
  • Storage
  • Auto Crafting (keeping everything supplied with level emitters ect.)
  • Different mod networks (Thaumcraft, Bloodmagic, Botania ect.)
  • Network Manager (The one connected to all these networks so my main network only uses up 1 channel to acces all those channels
  • And the Main channel (this one must be connected to all crafting CPU's since that is the only thing that is not shared)
When I found this out, I made it so much more complicated for myself :D

Rahmerh

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'll look into sub networks a bit more then. I'm not too familiar with AE2 yet. The controller is all 1 controller, though. It's connected in the center. I just like to have it entirely wireless. That and it looks cool :p

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
No, I mean I have different Controllers, seperated. 2 (acutally a lot more) controllers seperate not attached to each other. But yea, it looks cool xD

Rahmerh

Jul 29, 2019
I've added a bunch of stuff, I'll go make a screenshot real quick, brb

EDIT: Here's how it is right now. I dont need all those channels yet, so that's why the rings arent linked up yet
1.png

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
ok, nevermind. Your stuff is much cooler than mine :eek:. Not that I'm gonna change mine.. it's easy manageable :p

Tejo22

Jul 29, 2019
If you would like, I can send you a nicer looking, but still practical, wireless version? it may be a *bit* bigger than my current, but i see you want it to be the main centerpiece of the base. Just a concept idea because i'm bored.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If you would like, I can send you a nicer looking, but still practical, wireless version? it may be a *bit* bigger than my current, but i see you want it to be the main centerpiece of the base. Just a concept idea because i'm bored.

Call me old fashioned but the crafting CPU or whatever the multiblock is called now is still the centrepiece of my network.

I tend to make the controller a sort of tendril feeding off it.

Rahmerh

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm okay. I got too many channels as it is right now. I'll ask again if I feel like expanding. Thanks though!