Need help with sorting system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2019
So here is my current sorting system, with my 8 gold chests connected to MK2 chassis pipes from logistics pipes. The chassis pipes each have a polymorphic item-sink module and a provider MK1 module. Over on the front/right i have some barrels (currently with no automation). what i would want to do is the following:
i would want it so that when there is always a maximum of 2 stacks of an item (such as iron ingots) in a chest, and all the excess is sent to the barrels. This provides me with 128 items of each item to request from my request pipes, and allows me to store the rest in a bigger storage container. Any way to do this? (note: i said maximum 2 stacks, but i would like to be able to change the maximum stack number, as i need items like iron and copper much more often than things like ink sacks or nether bricks)
I am using the ultimate pack with an updated MFR and added logistics pipes.
Please provide as much detail as you can! (if you can help )
Would this work with relays or something?
btw, ignore the basic logistic pipe on the side of the very left chest, it is just the default route for unsorted items. the chassic pipes are connected to the backs of the chests.

2013-04-22_21.17.41.png

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Do you want to send everything to the barrels? Or do you only want to store certain items? if you are storing everything then just remove the chassis pipes from the chests to your barrels and put request pipes on your chests.

Jul 29, 2019
Do you want to send everything to the barrels? Or do you only want to store certain items? if you are storing everything then just remove the chassis pipes from the chests to your barrels and put request pipes on your chests.
I explained that i want certain amount of each item to be stored in the chests, and then the excess should go into the barrels

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
What you're talking about can easily be achieved using a supplier module I believe. The trick, though, is that you will have to teach the supplier module exactly what it is supposed to keep in each chest (two stacks of iron, one stack of gold, etc). Then, putting regular old item sinks on your barrels will take care of everything else. Also, if you want to keep the polymorphic item sinks on there I believe that should work just fine as well, since the priority of a polymorphic sink is lower than that of a regular item sink but higher than a default route or terminus module.

Now, if you're hoping to combine the functions of a supplier module and a polymorphic item sink at the same time (so that you don't even have to teach the supplier module what to keep in the chest in the first place) you may be out of luck...

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I explained that i want certain amount of each item to be stored in the chests, and then the excess should go into the barrels

Well then move your chassis pipes to the barrels and then add supplier pipes to your chests. You will need to place the input pipes on the top of the barrel and the bottom for extracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.