Natura Redwoods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know roughly in actual time how long these take to grow?

The beta pack just updated again and i'm just making a new world.

However i've become fond of making a treehouse in the redwoods, building off branches and such, Well i found a good spot, NEI'd in myself some saplings, and i'm just wondering how long it should take.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
It's kind of an uncertain thing. In my experience, it's taken about four MC days to grow one. I wouldn't make a tree farm out of them if that's what you're thinking.

wow

Jul 29, 2019
It's kind of an uncertain thing. In my experience, it's taken about four MC days to grow one. I wouldn't make a tree farm out of them if that's what you're thinking.
o_o that would... be insane. How many blocks of wood are even in one redwood? Over 9 thousand probably.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
the ones that go above clouds??

Oh wow, they must have changed them. The ones i've seen spawn in plains biomes and go just below cloud level. If they're the same design, but above cloud level i'd say that you'd get at least seven to ten stacks.

wow

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, they must have changed them. The ones i've seen spawn in plains biomes and go just below cloud level. If they're the same design, but above cloud level i'd say that you'd get at least seven to ten stacks.
@ 10:30. are we talking bout the same trees? Im pretty sure theyre not hollow. Gotta be more than 5 stacks!

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
Trees are massive, But i'm not using them for wood, i'm using them for a treehouse.

I'd upload a screenshot, but apparently the forums don't seem to want me to show off. Oh well

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I've never cut one down before, but they look hollow. But now that I think about it, it doesn't really make much since for them to be hollow. Mother of God!

They're not hollow and have layers. There are roots and bark, which are mostly only used for charcoal, and then there's the heartwood which is like logs from other trees. There is easily over 30 stacks of heartwood in most of the redwood trees I've seen.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
To put them in perspective, I got about 7 stacks of saplings from one tree, and the person helping me chop it down, was not done. I was short on time and had to leave the game.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering for a while what would happen if I started hitting it with an Axe of the Stream. Not sure what the range of that thing is, but I think that the TC lumberjack thing wouldn't pick it up properly.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering for a while what would happen if I started hitting it with an Axe of the Stream. Not sure what the range of that thing is, but I think that the TC lumberjack thing wouldn't pick it up properly.

The Tinkers construct lumberjack is an unknown to me, the lumber axe I presume?

I do know that the Dartcraft lumberjack does work, as Tested by Poppycocks.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
MPS's treecapitation works on natura redwoods. I think TC axes should work just as well, though it would only cut as much as its dur would allow.

Edit: Yea, using the lumber axes on a redwood tree makes it act like it's mining similar to the hammer.