MyTown / aPerf - server protection and performance mods

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
Found the problem , i used the version from this Thread which seems not to be the new one , used the one from the minecraft forum and its working.
Sorry for the trouble , and great work on the mods! they are awesome

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
Reckon you could use aperf & MyTown with the standard Bukkit PEX?

I'm using MCPC+ and would prefer to stay on bukkit :)

scgamer_99

Jul 29, 2019
can I use both your pex version and bukkitforge? or would that maybe not work right? I really like your apref and that all I really want to use :D

scgamer_99

Jul 29, 2019
Let me clarify, using your pex placed in the mods folder, would that still control the bukkitforge plugins? so have both, bukkitforge, and pex for fogre, and let your version of pex control the perms for the other plugins, or would it not recognize those plugins because they are bukkit based and not in the mod folder?

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
Wasnt me that made this sorry, so that i cant answer on. But i however think the answer is "no, you cant". As i understand PEX for forge dont listen for commandusage, it checks when asked for it (like mytown will ask pex if player is allowed to X etc).

But as said, i didnt make this, your better of asking in the thread in the OP :)

scgamer_99

Jul 29, 2019
ah thanks :D will do

edit: after some experimenting and other randomness, I found that it doesn't work. But I also find that you can use both this version of pex and bukkitfogre with a permission plugin and they work just fine together, as long as you don't have any crossed permissions, but that shouldn't happen as long as your plugins don't do the same thing as the forgemod addons, also tested with mcpc+ and works.

Just letting people know just incase :D

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
I prob should have posted the times MyTown updated, but i kinda guessed that those using the mod, also were watching the original thread on the MC forums about it :)

gwinans

Jul 29, 2019
Why does aPerf depend on PermissionsEx?

Seems odd that a performance focused plugin would have dependencies on a permissions plugin.

The next question: Will having PermissionsEx for Forge installed with bPermissions (w/ bukkitforge) cause problems?

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
Why does aPerf depend on PermissionsEx?

Seems odd that a performance focused plugin would have dependencies on a permissions plugin.

The next question: Will having PermissionsEx for Forge installed with bPermissions (w/ bukkitforge) cause problems?

Would be interested in finding that out. As it now stands, as good as aPerf is, by itself it's not enough to keep us from switching to MCPC+. After taking an in-depth look at bukkitforge, forge essential and mcpc+, the latter is way ahead of everyone else.

I've looked at many bukkit plugins and can't find any that limit mob spawns like aPerf does, which is a bit surprising. Alpha did a great job with writing the app. However, I have one small error in the Dynmap, WordBorder plugin to solve, then we'll make the switch.

Baron

Jul 29, 2019
Are barrels protected from people without permission taking items from it?

Portal gun use / wand use on protected land?

websterhamster

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there is a wiki for MyTown? I've seen several people post pieces of their config files, that from the documentation I've seen (here and on the post on MinecraftForums) would not be possible to guess.

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change the mayor of a town other than being the mayor? Because our mayor just quit our server, and we can't remove him from the town.

JawnF

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask for some work on protecting against Xeno's Reliquary items? Like the explosive bullets for the Hunter's Hand Gun and such.
I'll really appreciate it. :D

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
As i said in the PM, Alphaest (the guy that made MyTown and the other mods) arent modding MC anymore. That means that there is no current plans for updating MyTown beyond its current state (it should work in 1.5.2 for those wondering, but there is no guarantee for that)

However Mytown is opensource now, and anyone that feels theyre capable of maintaning/updating the mod are free to do so!

Ire_CoreData

Jul 29, 2019
i wanted to know if there was some way i could change my nation settings in order to make tp-ing to nation towns free rather than costing 1 diamond

Chowder

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,
I have FTB 8.3.2, latest version of MCPC+, Mytown 1.4.6, PEX, Modify World, PermissionsBUkkit, and few other no related plugins.

I have successfully created mytown and checked permissions like outsiders and residents. Works great except for the 2 points below.

1) Unless I give outsiders perm set out build access they can not open gates, doors, or chests. Perm set out Access lets them walk thru and loot but not interact. Thoughts?
2) I have changed the Mobsoff to true yet the mobs stiill spawn. Missing a perm node or something?

Thanks!

Firegael

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm no expert - however - someone made a typo which was replicated over the internet to do with getting MyTown working on MCPC+.
Note that I am using Tekkit on my server, however the method should be no different.

I've made a short guide here.