[MystCraft] Getting stuck in an age

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I was wondering is it possible to get someone out of an age (that doesn't have a Star Fissure) and back to the overworld if they don't have a Linking Book?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
No. Every tutorial or mention of Mystcraft ANYWHERE tells you that you cannot. If you are playing SMP, you can have an OP teleport you to them, other than that, you're screwed.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Since twilight forest and the nether are disabled in MC ages, then you can't make your way directly back, no.
What you end up having to do, is either make enough books to age-hop your way to star fissures, or you cheat your way back with /tpx, or spawning nether portal blocks in.

Edit - Alternately, have someone link in and save you if you're on multiplayer. Remember that if you're going to age hop, you should bring multiple books, as you can get stuck in ages without cows or reeds.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
If your stuck in an age that has the required elements to craft new books and such you can keep random-jumping until you find an age with a fissure.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you are on a server, you can have someone else bring you a linking book. Otherwise, I hope your world has chickens and cows or villages. Without them, there is no way to get the materials you need to make more books to try and find a star fissure.

One possibility if you have IC2 is to make a bunch of scrap boxes and hope you get what you need, but I'm not sure if feathers, leather and/or books/bookshelves are in the scrapbox loot list.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, was just there a few days ago. Ended up cheating in block ID 90 (a nether portal) since this seemed like the most legit way. IE, having to face a random spawn into the nether.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Does the star fissure take you back to the main overworld or just the age you were previously in?

EDIT: Sweet it does. I just decided to op the player and let them use creative mode to make an age with a star fissure.