Myrathi's Mod Compendium

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome!

Instead of having separate posts for all my (current) mods, I figured I'd compile them into just one, single post, so that people have it easier for tracking updates. Additionally, it means I only have one post to update, even when I release others! ;-)

Installation and Configuration
Unless specifically stated otherwise, the zip/jar files go into the /mods folder of your Minecraft (or MultiMC) instances.
Every mod creates a configuration file in /config the first time it's loaded and run, with the name of the mod. Open and alter those files to update block IDs, item IDs or whatever other settings are there.

Errors, Bug Reports, Feature Requests and Wiki Pages
Alongside each mod, there are links to both a GitHub repository issue tracker and a wiki (they're struck out if they don't exist [yet]). You should go there and check existing issues to see if something is already known about and, if not, add a new issue. Always remember to include error log files, as appropriate, and - if possible - describe how to reproduce the error. If it's a feature request (AKA an "enhancement"), try to be as descriptive as possible. Bug reports in this thread could very likely be ignored (and possibly removed) - you have been warned. The wiki pages will hold recipe and functionality information.

The Mods (1.7.10)
Note: Recipes for all these mods can be seen via the creative inventory or ChickenBones' NEI. If you open the JAR files in WinZip, WinRAR, etc, you can extract and look at the README.???.txt file for things like recipes and such, prior to the wiki entries being available.
ChargePads
IC2 addon pads that you can power and stand on to charge up held and/or worn electric equipment (that use EU to power them).
See the thread here for in-depth details such as recipes, spotlight and texture pack links and an FAQ.
FinndusFillies
This mod may be a tiny bit satirical in nature (okay: a lot). It also makes horses provide food (yum!) and a renewable source of glue (slimeballs). Deal with it. :p
FlatSigns
In short: you can use a normal sign (item) and place it on the underside of blocks or, if you sneak-click on the floor, it'll be flat like a doormat (as opposed to normal clicking and it being a sign-on-a-stick). Signs face in such a way so that you can read it from the direction you placed it.

Additionally, you can now edit signs in-place by right-clicking sponge (or a sponge wipe) on them. Yellow wool that's thrown into water or rain will soak up the water and become sponge. Craft a sponge with some cactus green to get sponge wipes that last several uses.
InfiniBows
This coremod removes the need for a single arrow in the inventory when using an "Infinity I" enchanted bow. Now it really is magically infinite!
ObsidiPlates
New pressure plates made from blocks of obsidian (that only work when players step on them) or mossy cobble (that only work when NPCs step on them). You can craft one of these over a block of wool to make silent versions (that don't make clicking sounds). You can craft any of those four variants in the middle of alternating nether quartz and glowstone dust to make shrouded (see-through) versions. Smelting a silent or hidden plate will return a noisy, visible one.
Switches
Switches inspired by SethBling's Bite-Sized Minecraft episodes (Ep.1 & Ep.2). Switches are placed and respond just like vanilla levers. Piston extensions click switches face-on and flip levers away (or pull levers back, if a sticky piston retracts).
ChargePads
  • v2.8.0.93 - Update for Minecraft v1.6.2, IC2-1.118.401-lf and Forge 789. Now uses a language asset file (Translators HAYO!).
  • v2.7.1.89 - Update for IC2-1.115.325-lf API and Forge 705. Minor GUI fix. ISidedInventory fix.
  • v2.7.0.86 - Update for Minecraft v1.5.2 and IC2-1.115.308-lf. Informative message when using kit on wrong side of pad.
  • v2.6.1.80 - API update (IC2-1.115.304-lf).
  • v2.6.0.74 - Update for Minecraft v1.5.1 and IC2-1.115-lf.
  • v2.5.0.72 - New fission charge pads! Charging Item slot access via bottom face. Efficiency Upg recipe fix.
FinndusFillies
  • v2.1.0.12 - Release for Minecraft 1.7.10
  • v2.0.0.10 - Release for Minecraft 1.7.2
  • v1.0.0.7 - Inital release for MC 1.6.2
FlatSigns
  • v2.1.0.19 - Item translations moved to en_US.lang file (in jar).
  • v2.1.0.18 - Rain/water sponge fix. Added recipes for sponge (see README/config).
  • v2.0.0.17 - Update for MC 1.7.10
  • v1.4.0.15 - Update for MC 1.6.2
  • v1.3.2.14 - Fix server-side crash due to missing client-only method. Feh!
  • v1.3.1.13 - Fix missing item textures and a typo in the ItemID for Wipes. Oops!
  • v1.3.1.10 - Adds sponge wipes (with multiple uses) and a crafting recipe (sponge + cactus green).
  • v1.3.0.9 - Adds editing of signs (in-place) using sponges (throw/drop yellow wool into water or rain).
  • v1.2.0.8 - Update for MC 1.5.2
  • v1.1.0.7 - Update for MC 1.5.1
InfiniBows
  • v1.3.0.20 - Update for MC 1.7.10
  • v1.2.0.14 - Update for MC 1.6.4
  • v1.1.0.12 - Update for MC 1.6.2
  • v1.0.0.10 - Initial release for MC 1.5.2
ObsidiPlates
  • v3.0.0.18 - Update for MC 1.7.10
  • v2.0.0.15 - Update for MC 1.6.2
  • v1.5.0.13 - Add smelting recipes for converting silent/shrouded plates back to noisy, visible ones.
  • v1.4.0.12 - Update for MC 1.5.2
  • v1.3.2.11 - Added shrouded pressure plates.
  • v1.3.1.10 - Fixed "insta-break" and "no explosion resistance" bug. (thanks Soaryn :b)
  • v1.3.0.8 - Update for MC 1.5.1 - added mossy cobble plate (NPC only) and silent plate variants.
  • v1.2.0.3 - Update for MC 1.4.6
Switches
  • v1.3.0.25 - Update for MC 1.6.4 / F924 / FML 6.4.25.
  • v1.2.1.24 - Update for F834 / FML 6.2.52.
  • v1.2.0.21 - Update to MC 1.6.2 - now a coremod, so no reliance on CCC.
  • v1.1.1.20 - Fixed hardness of switches so they don't break instantly.
  • v1.1.0.19 - Updated for MC 1.5.2, CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.5, Forge 685+ (note: 690+ does not work with CCC!)
  • v1.0.0.13 - Fixed fingerprint so that Sengir's Forestry Warden doesn't arbitrarily kill players' clients.
  • v1.0.0.9 - Initial release for MC 1.5.1
  • FinndusFillies :: (see 1.6.2 release)
  • FlatSigns :: (see 1.6.2 release)
  • InfiniBows :: v1.2.0.14 :: Forge 924+ (coremod)
  • ObsidiPlates :: (see 1.6.2 release)
  • Switches :: v1.3.0.25 :: issue tracker :: wiki :: Forge 924+ (coremod)
Important Reminder
Beta/experimental releases are used at your own risk as they are currently still being tested!
They may have bugs so, if you find any, please report them via the appropriate issue tracker.
(bugs listed in this thread will be ignored and/or removed without being read).
  • ChargePads :: v2.7.1.89 :: Forge 705+ & IC2 1.115.325-lf
  • FlatSigns :: v1.3.2.14 :: Forge 684+
  • InfiniBows :: v1.0.0.10 :: Forge 684+ (coremod)
  • ObsidiPlates :: v1.5.0.13 :: Forge 684+
  • Switches :: v1.1.1.20 :: Forge 685+ (CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.5+)
License Notes
FTB has my explicit permission to include any of the mods in this post in any official FTB or privately listed ModPack, to be distributed via the FTB Launcher. Additionally, any of the mods listed may be added to non-FTB public or private modpacks, without asking me directly for my permission, so long as they adhere to the Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license (which all of the mods use).

Last edited by a moderator:

jlp1528

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Myrathi! Glad to see you've not only updated your mods but also "finally written the post" like you said on Morvy's live stream. I for one must admit that I'm a sucker for the little things, so your ObsidiPlates make me very, very happy indeed. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Myrathi

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
Updated ObsidiPlates to v1.3.1.10 - which fixes a bug where plates insta-break on hit (in gamemode 0). Thanks Soaryn. ;)

Edit: Also updated links to issue trackers for all the mods. If you have a bug-report or a feature request, please post them at the issue trackers. I really won't be paying attention to either of those types of things in this thread. :b

JHoliness

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise if this is a stupid question, but I tried to find information on your "Flat Signs" mod - but to no avail. So I was just curious, what is the mod about? (I'm assuming quite literally, flat signs)

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
It's not stupid. :] I just don't have an overview for it, yet (it'll be on the wiki for it).

Basically, you can use a normal sign (item) and place it on the underside of blocks, facing in such a way so that you can read it from the direction you placed it. Or, if you sneak, you can place it flat on the floor like a doormat.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
Updated ObsidiPlates to v1.3.2.11 - adding shrouded versions of all the plates (that are really hard to see) - just surround any of the four other plates, in the centre of a 3x3 crafting grid, with glowstone dust top, left, right and underneath and nether quartz chunks in the corners.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
New mod available for y'all. Called "Switches." Requires Forge 659 or later for the switches themselves (see the readme inside the jar for recipes without NEI). For the full experience, you'll need to have v0.8.6.1 of CodeChickenCore installed - at which point pistons will activate the switches if they "extend" directly into the face of the switch AND they'll both flip levers if they hit the handle straight on or will pull levers back if they retract away and are a sticky piston!

Enjoy. ;)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
New mod available for y'all. Called "Switches." Requires Forge 659 or later for the switches themselves (see the readme inside the jar for recipes without NEI). For the full experience, you'll need to have v0.8.6.1 of CodeChickenCore installed - at which point pistons will activate the switches if they "extend" directly into the face of the switch AND they'll both flip levers if they hit the handle straight on or will pull levers back if they retract away and are a sticky piston!

Enjoy. ;)
I can only see applications for this in a Rube Goldberg machine, was this the design intention? A piston is switched by a redstone signal, a lever gives out redstone signals. Why not simply put the original signal to the line activated by the lever? For use as a diode, simply use a 1-tick repeater?

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
#BlameSethBling ;) Both the general design (watch BSM2) and (after re-watching it) the "pistons click switches" (watch BSM1) came from watching his Bite-Sized Minecraft machinimas (see the links). :D

The initial mod was purely the switches but someone watching the stream (I often code live) commented that it'd be cool if extending pistons could click the switches. Some wrangling and use of CCC later, it worked. Then I considered lever flips, remembered the switch-clicking from BSM1 and 2 and just had to do it. :D

The only activated lever direction that seems to "mess" with piston retraction is actually a disabled lever above a sticky piston (facing up). The switch is in the up position (off), the sticky piston retracts and turns it on but because upward facing pistons retract slightly slower than others (it's the only thing I could deduce), the head catches the "on" redstone state and re-extends, pushing the lever off... which causes the head to retract and... you have this really funky little spazzing out setup that caused much hilarity on the stream when it occurred (much to my surprise). :p

Otherwise, extending/retracting sticky pistons happen to face the right way to always interact properly with levers in such a way as they can extend/retract just fine - so long as the switch isn't already on when the piston is extended (in which case, it doesn't allow it to retract). Try it and see. :)

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
  • Added: forge and mod requirements after download links.
  • Added: a Mod Overview spoiler section.
  • Changed: moved old version links to their own spoiler section.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
Updated Switches to build 13 because a certain Forestry Warden was arbitrarily hard killing peoples' clients due to a jar being left unsigned (because of an issue with FML).

Certain individuals should stick to policing their own code and leave others' the hell alone: as the only people getting hurt or inconvenienced are innocent players.

Sorry if people were having crashes because of this nonsense and thanks to Amazong for bringing this to my attention and helping to test fixes so quickly.

Reactions: Eyamaz and Emy

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for mentioning this Mythrani. This is hitting me with EE3 and Forestry itself, as Forestry is hard stopping if those mods are loaded because of code signing or something. (ARGH!)

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Well the issue I'm running across now is how to communicate this issue to him. He seems near impossible to get ahold of, doesn't even respond to Twitter messages.

Ah well, thanks again for your information!

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I've been made aware, his code is deliberate and is working as intended
As for the EE3 issue, I vaguely remember seeing a discussion about code-signing issues on the github (for people self-testing builds), so you may see a work-around solution, from Pahimar, at some point (take that with a pinch of salt - I only skimmed the discussion, in passing).

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I poked at Pahimar on that very same 'Code Signing' thread on his GitHub and he ran me off with a torch and pitchfork, told me to learn to read. Heh

Eh, I'll just pull Forestry and go back to trying to get IC2 for 1.5.1 working.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
ChargePads updated to v2.6.1.80 to support the API changes in IC2 v1.115 (build 304-lf). Minimum supported Forge is 664+.

See the thread (on the IC2 forums) for more info and recipe and FAQ updates.