My Story

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
So it has been a while since I started here and I have my own little story to tell. So here goes. I was born and raised until 7 Pentecostal (A Christian denomination with some firm beliefs). At age 7 my mother cut her hair and gave it to a cancer charity. In the Pentecostal religion it is a sin for a women to cut their hair as they believe it is part of their power. Some of you may think this is crazy, but to be honest I have seen some crazy things happen when people have had hair layed on them and prayed for. So back on track, my mother was then alienated from her friends in the church; this was mainly due to her being a minister's wife and thus this being a major offense. My mother subsequently filed for a divorce after she saw that my dad was going to events with said friends without her. After this my life goes on for a couple more years. Now I'm 11 and I've lived switching back and forth from my parents houses for four years. The church comes to find out that the pastor, the very same pastor who alienated my mother for cutting her hair, was having an affair with several women and stealing money from the church. The church then relieves him from office. In this event my father who was on ok terms with my mother takes me out of this church and puts me in another called Fountain of Truth. This church was still Pentecostal, but it was a little more laid back. After these events, I proceeded to be two people, my normal self and my pentecostal self. This caused me great distress for a while until I came to the forums. Once I was at the forums I had a perfect place where no one knew about my Pentecostal self and I could be who I am. My mother raised me to be nonjudgmental and a fine person and my father raised me to abide by certain laws to keep me in check. To this day I am still Pentecostal, but and this is a huge but I am not a homophobe and such associated with most church-goers. And now we are up to the present day where I am still a Pentecostal, but I have firmly established my own beliefs. Also, now my mother and father have a healthy friends-only relationship and talk about me and other things together. So there's my story and it sure is a hell'ave a weird one :p.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for sharing strikingwolf. Takes a brave person to lay themselves out like that to everyone!

You sir cannot receive enough likes on this post from me. I will say, through it all I have a lot of respect for your parents in general as you seem to have turned out to be a very smart and open-minded young man which is something this world desperately needs. :)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for sharing strikingwolf. Takes a brave person to lay themselves out like that to everyone!

You sir cannot receive enough likes on this post from me. I will say, through it all I have a lot of respect for your parents in general as you seem to have turned out to be a very smart and open-minded young man which is something this world desperately needs. :)
  1. I don't know about brave :p
  2. The part about this that matters to me is the open-mindedness. Anyone can work to be smart or be naturally gifted (like I am no studying 29 on my ACT in 7th grade woot!). But to be open-minded takes good parents and many grueling experiences

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  1. I don't know about brave :p
  2. The part about this that matters to me is the open-mindedness. Anyone can work to be smart or be naturally gifted (like I am no studying 29 on my ACT in 7th grade woot!). But to be open-minded takes good parents and many grueling experiences
The key here, the combination of the two. Smart and close-minded = bad combo, dumb and open-minded = nearly as equally bad combo. Smart and open-minded means not only have you learned about broader topics, but you have the capacity and willingness to learn outside your comfort zone.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The key here, the combination of the two. Smart and close-minded = bad combo, dumb and open-minded = nearly as equally bad combo. Smart and open-minded means not only have you learned about broader topics, but you have the capacity and willingness to learn outside your comfort zone.
You, my kind sir, are a very very wise man

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
thank you, comes with the territory being a parent and all...though my kids may tell you differently! lol
Nice :p Teach them right, as you said we need more people like you and possibly me. Also, good luck with said parenting all kids are a pain...even me admittedly :p

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
This was kind of aspiring in a sort of sense. You definitely inspired a few people to share their life story. :D Anywho, if you don't mind me asking, what drove you to do it?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
This was kind of aspiring in a sort of sense. You definitely inspired a few people to share their life story. :D Anywho, if you don't mind me asking, what drove you to do it?
It's been so long since I did this that I don't quite remember myself :p

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I went back in time to find out what triggered it. It was probably memories brought back by my terrible experience on October 10th:
> Goes to report a post
> Accidentally clicks link
> itsatrap.jpeg
> Goes back to the forums
> Reports the post
> Sees a new alert
> Goes to click on the alerts
> Accidentally logs out

Actually, a lot happened on October 10th. I did a guide of my life, Lumaceon left the Phoenix Team, @jordsta95 joined the Phoenix Team, and @ThomazM posted the initially concept for Project: Renascintis, which is happening now:
Well, while I'm here I might as well share this idea I had with you guys. Have any of you watched the Mianite series, by Syndicate, CaptainSparkes, etc? So, I really, really liked that idea. For you guys that don't know, they are basically doing a roleplay server, which contains stuff like lore filled with it's own Gods, powerful wizards, pirates, etc. They have their own trials to committed crimes, vaults to store valuable items, laws, purges, etc'. If we could do something like that in a modded, maybe more techy/steampunk environment, I really think it would be awesome! We maybe could even stream/record it to keep us more involved and stuff. What do you guys think?
Also, ayyyyy. First position I was ever given by anyone at FTB:
holyshit.PNG
Also, I adopted my new skin! Look at that sexy beast!
Guess who this is:
2014-10-10_21.39.07.png

But yeah, a lot happened on October 10th. It took up 15 pages of conversation, meaning 20 posts per page (* 15). It was a pretty crazy day, and I can't pinpoint anything in particular that caused Striking to post this.

Last edited: