My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that is certainly good news! If it is a Public Private pack, do you require the code to view it, or will the launcher automagically have it up as a quasi public pack?

It would be publicly available, but not on the main FTB list. We could give out the pack code freely and FTB would not be angry.[DOUBLEPOST=1369236346][/DOUBLEPOST]Well it's good to know I'm not crazy w.r.t. performance and ore gen issues. I may have to pull the mod and migrate the world while they get their act together. This wounds me deeply, because UndergroundBiomes is one of my favorite mods.

It's also good to know that Episode 12 is out. Applied Energistics Ad Nauseum! Also, enjoy 5 seconds of Muse.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
It would be publicly available, but not on the main FTB list. We could give out the pack code freely and FTB would not be angry.[DOUBLEPOST=1369236346][/DOUBLEPOST]Well it's good to know I'm not crazy w.r.t. performance and ore gen issues. I may have to pull the mod and migrate the world while they get their act together. This wounds me deeply, because UndergroundBiomes is one of my favorite mods.

It's also good to know that Episode 12 is out. Applied Energistics Ad Nauseum! Also, enjoy 5 seconds of Muse.
But-but-my architecture!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Here's hoping!

That also suggests my next line of investigation. I was going to get out the fine toothed comb for the Railcraft/Gregtech configs tonight, but doing some testing with 1.5.2, the latest Forge, and the 1.5.2 versions of Thaumcraft,RC/GT sounds like a better plan A.

Do you want a copy of my 1.5.2 configs so far?[DOUBLEPOST=1369236761][/DOUBLEPOST]
tGUWciR.jpg
this is how the underground looks without UB...

I'd use Midas Silver to migrate all existing blocks to stone equivs.

But that result is rather beautiful, isn't it?[DOUBLEPOST=1369236867][/DOUBLEPOST]
Awww shit, I knew it, see kids, wishful thinking never works.

It does another replacement pass coupled with a sort of a inverted fractal cave gen for stone placement. Which I can't imagine being cheap. I can't even begin to guess how he makes the cave gen completely replace all of the vanilla stone, but I think he's just using an increasingly bigger brush, which again, sounds very costly. Considering it has to do this for the whole bottom chunk up to 128... No wonder notch didn't want to raise the sea level to 128. Oh and there's probably a third pass for putting some vanilla stone back in.

I dunno, maybe a more geometric approach would be cheaper, generate a bunch of point in space, connect them to form meshes... Then again, checking for connections intersecting generated meshes would be crazy math, testing to see which mesh a block's in would be complicated as well.... Man.

It would be nice for generating strata though. Easier than fractals anyway.

I suspect the expensive part is "for x = 0 y = 0 update every memory reference even though most of the chunk is now somewhere on the heap nowhere near your cache." Its been awhile, but I don't recall Minecraft being especially good at preserving locality for the map.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Do You have the list of mods and versions for 0.8.0 like you did for 0.7.2?

For that config, it's the same except for a bunch of build numbers and it's not done yet. Hold up, tiger, it's for reference purposes. There will be 2 more mods added (and one is only useful for the server side).

By the way I'm going to start approaching mod authors next week once I get a clear picture of who I gotta woo and who I already can leverage FTB permissions for. I'm crazy busy, but I'll do my best. That's why the help of folks like Poppycocks, PonyKuu and Natnif36 is so welcome! Hopefully before the end of June we'll just have a pack code!

Reactions: RedBoss and Anubis

Nehru

Jul 29, 2019
For that config, it's the same except for a bunch of build numbers and it's not done yet. Hold up, tiger, it's for reference purposes. There will be 2 more mods added (and one is only useful for the server side).

By the way I'm going to start approaching mod authors next week once I get a clear picture of who I gotta woo and who I already can leverage FTB permissions for. I'm crazy busy, but I'll do my best. That's why the help of folks like Poppycocks, PonyKuu and Natnif36 is so welcome! Hopefully before the end of June we'll just have a pack code!
Good luck with everything :)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, seems that in the mod pack used on your server dave, there is an item iD conflict.
This is between Biomes O'Plenty (I think - MAY be natura) and GregTech.
Trying to craft a mud pick axe results in getting a 360k NaK coolant cell.
Ie trying to slap mud on a stick makes a high end nuclear reactor component.

I have a feeling no-one reported/found this earlier as mud tools are pretty bad, so no-one (till now) tried to craft some.
The other mud tools work fine.
Just thought I'd let you know.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed it shortly after the original config drop. Check the 0.8.0 mod pack for the I'd resolution.

Hacksterrenewed

Jul 29, 2019
Hi KirinDave, started watching your, LP and reading up on UE and stuff, and MAN it looks so fun! especially since its a rather cool alternative for the FTB Mindcrack/Ultimate pack, which i mainly play atm.
Tried to put the mod pack togheter, but in the end, had alot of trouble getting it to work... :b

Looking forward to a proper release, if everything goes well :)!

I'd be happy to help in any way possible, so just let me hear.

Cheers

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
The rednet episode looks like a nice start to the series. Like i said in the comment I cant wait for more so that I can use it better than redstone. :)

RavenTwospirit

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, Dave. I'll put this to good testing use tonight.

I'm finding the same problem with MC 1.5.2, Thaumcraft 3.0.5c, and GT 3.05g. Oddly, Railcraft works if I just have it and Thaumcraft installed, but if I have it plus some as-yet-to-be-figured-out combination of other mods from RR, then Railcraft gives the problem.

I've posted to the official Thaumcraft thread on minecraftforum.net. Hopefully someone else has run into the problem. I'm not seeing anything in the various configuration files that looks like it could be applicable :(

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
It's awesome!
And do you know what's REALLY awesome? PRC. It just completely destroys RP logic gates in terms of awesomeness and usability.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Hrrm think i still prefer rp2 wire i'll prob stick with vanilla redstone for niw rednet looks too complicated