More Crops Mods?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing aorund with minecraft modding for a bit now and have quite enjoyed it. As my very first exploratory project I made a very simple decorative mod that also added treasure chests and some unbreakable blocks; a tad random yes.
I am now working on a magic based mod that utilizes the player's experience for things like tool repairing, and extra damage, and flight and such but that may be another thread ...
One area that I have looked at that seems like it could handle some growth (pun intended) is that of crops and nature. Pam's harvestcraft seems like the most likely place to go right now, but the author has expressed that she is very busy and may not be updating anymore.
I have also noticed that most mods that add crops add crops that almost completely follow the wheat style of growth; this fact is a little bit sad imho. Block updates can be so much cooler :p
Is there any interest in a mod for 1.7 that would provide more (creative) crop options, including things similar to tree fruit, gourds, vines and such?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Growthcraft
Ok, so there is something else out there for 1.6.4; that's good to see.
But that's somewhat like saying to King Lemming that there was no point in RF...
As well, after looking at Growthcraft, as well done as it is, it doesn't have to be the "be-all and end-all".

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so there is something else out there for 1.6.4; that's good to see.
But that's somewhat like saying to King Lemming that there was no point in RF...
As well, after looking at Growthcraft, as well done as it is, it doesn't have to be the "be-all and end-all".

No, it's not. Magical crops also has normal crops with it. Those are the only real dedicated "crop" mods I've played with.

Edit: Derp, and Agriculture. :p

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to tinker around with some stuff; I have cool ideas for new render types to see about implementing :). Maybe see about getting a block in with the crossed images for a bit of a bulb and stem effect.