Monster Server Lag

Slovic

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

For the past two weeks I have been battling server lag on my monster pack server. Approximately 6 people play on the server. There really isn't much going on. The amount of loaded chunks via chunk and spot loaders is under 30 between the 6 of us. The number of tile entities is still pretty low compared to some of my past worlds with different FTB packs. We have no farms or pins with loads of animals. So I'm not really sure whats causing the lag.

After a server restart the server tick time will be sub 20ms; after about 12 hours it creeps up to 150+ ms tick time.
78UaFUe.jpg

We never even come close to using up 1/2 of the server ram. The bottleneck is currently the cpu. I've been following this guide: http://www.sk89q.com/2013/03/improving-your-minecraft-servers-performance/

Seems pretty spot on. However, the server performance will just deteriorate the longer the server is up. The server is flawless for the first few hours after a restart.

Any help is very much appreciated.

darkcamo12

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using Monster 1.1.1 go into the logistics pipes config and make sure "B:TEPipeSupport=" is set to false

Slovic

Jul 29, 2019
What does this setting do? As far as I know we don't have any logistics pipes currently. Also running Monster 1.1.2

darkcamo12

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics pipes use the thermal expansion api and with that config set to true causes the thermal expansion handler to got nuts

My server at one point was using 70,000 milliseconds of server just for the thermal expansion handler changed the setting and it went down to about 100 milliseconds