monster 1.0.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Fair warning. You might want to watch the configs, because now elevators are set to drain xp every time they are used. Took me a while to figure it out myself.
What the hell?

I don't like that at all. I don't want to be forced to be careful when I'm just using the elevator. Probably will turn that off then.

Thanks for the heads up

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I noticed Binnie has updated this Extra Bees & Trees version lately.

1.6.4 is no longer a dev one, but a proper release version (and I did see him pop in and out on one of DW20's Forgecraft vids so I'm assuming he's back and kicking). Can someone confirm?

I really want to move to 1.0.5 as I miss OpenBlocks terribly - but I'm still waiting for it to move to recommended. If I have to reset the world one more time, players on my server will seek me out and shoot me.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
1.6.4 is no longer a dev one, but a proper release version (and I did see him pop in and out on one of DW20's Forgecraft vids so I'm assuming he's back and kicking). Can someone confirm?
Last thing we seem to know is that the FTB team is still waiting on Binnie to give the "go ahead" on sticking the mods in the packs again. But that might have happened and they are just testing it a bit first. Dunno.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Last thing we seem to know is that the FTB team is still waiting on Binnie to give the "go ahead" on sticking the mods in the packs again. But that might have happened and they are just testing it a bit first. Dunno.

It happened. It will be in the next Monster. I think jaded already added it to dw20, I haven't checked.

Reactions: rhn

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ive switched to the gendustry machines. Similar mechanics, but without the annoying non consumable consumable.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
I think I succesfully managed to upgrade FTB Monster 1.0.1 to 1.0.5
Had to manually add back a few disabled mods, move the BoP configs to the 1.0.5 folder, and fix one strange block ID conflict that then appeared between BoP and Blood Magic.
tried it for just a little yesterday and it seemed to work. Looked like terrain generation also worked seamlessly.

jfmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
So I see the 1.0.6 has been added to the list of versions, is the 1.0.5 stable and out of Beta yet?

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like there's a 1.0.7 out now even
I'm guessing, since it says "FTB Monster (1.0.5)" in the Modpack list, that it is considered stable and out of beta, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Apparently that was wrong. Stable build is indicated by 1.1.x

Last edited:

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
What the hell?

I don't like that at all. I don't want to be forced to be careful when I'm just using the elevator. Probably will turn that off then.

Thanks for the heads up
This config was changed so OpenBlocks elevators no longer draw xp. (FYI to anyone who didn't read the change logs for 106)
So I see the 1.0.6 has been added to the list of versions, is the 1.0.5 stable and out of Beta yet?
No, 105 is simply... 105. The modpack is still in beta, 105 was simply the last iteration of the beta before 106 :p

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like there's a 1.0.7 out now even
I'm guessing, since it says "FTB Monster (1.0.5)" in the Modpack list, that it is considered stable and out of beta, but I'm not sure.
No, it's not. You'll notice that any pack that's gone "Stable" is numbered 1.1.x .