Unix Monster 1.0.3 Console Spam

Cobra_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Have only just tonight been recieving excessive console spam of the same error and after reading a similar problem I tried to see if it was the cause which they stated could be by enderthermic tanks but the spam continued so not sure what is the problem. Hard to isolate when there is no real way of figuring out what actual block is causing the issue. Error is below

03:57:21 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:926)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:954)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74734_a(NBTTagCompound.java:40)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTBase.func_74731_a(NBTBase.java:117)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74800_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:140)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75821_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:303)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75814_c(AnvilChunkLoader.java:289)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.func_75736_b(ThreadedFileIOBase.java:39)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.run(ThreadedFileIOBase.java:27)
03:57:21 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Running MCPC+ Build 199

We are also running the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack and that is not getting the same issue.

Need further info please let me know any help would be appreciated.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I've found 4 or 5 threads getting the same console spam from the past few days. I tried systematically going through and removing mods on a backup save to attempt to get to the cause, but it was to no avail. I checked/removed at least 30 mods, but eventually I couldn't do it anymore.

I thought maybe I could use Opis to check the loaded chunks and come at the base from different angles to narrow it down to one chunk, but I found that that even with my base not loaded, it was still happening (went a couple thousand blocks away), so it has something to do with something naturally occurring.

I also noticed that it doesn't happen if I remove all chunk loaders from the overworld and go into the nether. I think if all these threads were compiled, we might be able to narrow the problem down.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
@Cobra_Gaming @Addar @Alcheya @myight
this error isn't anything to worry about. i had it show up every so often, but it never caused any negative effects on the server. (and its not a block causing the problem)
btw, the latest recommended build of MCPC+ for 1.6.4 is version 205 and make sure you're using worldedit v 5.5.8

i believe its because both forge and MCPC+ have their own seperate chunk loading controls and the error is because forge is unloading a chunk the MCPC still says is loaded, so worldedit throws an error. again, just a wild guess.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Not using MCPC+ or worldedit. I did find a solution though. Something to do with endertanks. I removed them and it stopped. No point though really, since it hasn't really caused any issues aside from the console spam.

shortybsd

Jul 29, 2019
This is caused by EnderStorage and from the ender tank itself. Pickup all ender tanks for the error to go away. I have LWC and even went as far as removing every protection on them server-wide, still spams the error. Pick up all the tanks, poof gone no more annoying spam.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
This is caused by EnderStorage and from the ender tank itself. Pickup all ender tanks for the error to go away. I have LWC and even went as far as removing every protection on them server-wide, still spams the error. Pick up all the tanks, poof gone no more annoying spam.

Look at post #6. :p

shortybsd

Jul 29, 2019
Look at post #6. :p
lmao must have missed that one. I was trying to further diagnose the error with removing protection cause I know LWC is severely sloppy on removing protection if you wrench something. The protection still exists and all blocks around the removed block will still remain protected, figured LWC had an issue with it besides just Ender Tanks. I will further go through the error and source so I can provide a remedy and a fix for this spam. I don't like coming back from work with 325k lines of errors in my logs with all being the ender tank spam.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
lmao must have missed that one. I was trying to further diagnose the error with removing protection cause I know LWC is severely sloppy on removing protection if you wrench something. The protection still exists and all blocks around the removed block will still remain protected, figured LWC had an issue with it besides just Ender Tanks. I will further go through the error and source so I can provide a remedy and a fix for this spam. I don't like coming back from work with 325k lines of errors in my logs with all being the ender tank spam.

Yea.. it would be nice not having it. If you find it, don't forget about us. :p

shortybsd

Jul 29, 2019
Update and the fix! This error still persisted when all ender tanks were removed. I did notice if I manually turned off the save feature /save-off all the errors stop. I have another plugin that auto saves my world every 5 minutes. So this issue is beyond just ender tanks. The problem lies on DragonAPI. It is creating duplicate NBT tags which cause this error. To fix this, update your DragonAPI to v15 or higher and problem is gone. It was patched in v15 to remove the NBT tags getting edited. Note: If you update DragonAPI to v15+ make sure all the other mods that go with it are the same version. Example: DyeTrees 1.6 V15, ExpandedRedstone 1.6 V15, GeoStrata 1.6 V15, MeteorCraft 1.6 V15, ReactorCraft 1.6 V15b and RotaryCraft 1.6 V15b

Last edited: