Modpack Recipe: Survival Industry (Link)

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
This is a link to a modpack recipe.

Thanks to gerb82, this is now a public modpack. More information is available on its official thread here.

Survival Industry.png

Survival Industry is a modpack design that focuses on progression, from survival to industry, and beyond. The modpack's design uses an enforced progression method that tries to be as natural as possible. That being said, the progression happens in these main stages:
  1. Survival: Early- to mid-game stage. Collect food, build a shelter, and establish a farm to survive. Enforced through Tinker's Construct with Iguana Tweaks.
  2. Industry: Mid- to end-game stage. Construct machinery to perform the work you've been doing up until now. Enforced through Rotarycraft.
  3. Reward: Now that you no longer need to survive or automate, it's time to have fun. Engage in a little mad science. Make yourself invincible and immortal. Build a dinosaur army of doom. Make your own worlds. Make a fort, and then test it against hordes of invading abominations. Go nuts. Better yet, bring a friend.
Each stage is enforced through the use of mods that limit activity to those specific stages.

NOTE: I tried to repost the original message in these forums, but the 30,000 character size limit pretty much put the kabosh on that plan (it's in the vicinity of 50-60K characters), so I figured I'd just post a link to the original post in the minecraftforum.net site. Either way, I hope you get something useful from this.

Last edited:

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
I can help with giving technical support, so that it's easier for you to work on the pack. My question is that if you find someone to help with technical support, will you be able to develop the pack?
If yes count me in as someone to help with technical support (i have loads of experience on my friends's realy old computers :) )

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
It's tempting, but you misunderstand. Once the pack is made, I'd feel obligated to keep it up-to-date, and troubleshoot problems in the pack. As someone who's a full-time student with two part-time jobs, that's gonna be very hard to keep on top of with my existing workload, hence the 'recipe.' If you want to release it, though, be my guest. :)

Just make sure you get permissions first (particularly from Reika).

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Kk. I think i will just release it as is and credit you, i think it's the best way to do it.

Dulciphi

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the idea of this too. I've been googling around for your configs so I can steal your work and claim it as my own <cue evil laughter>. lol seriously though, I love the way you've thought it through. It's got elements that are very much along the lines of how I make my own personal packs, but I've never played Reikas mods in survival. I'm assuming from what you've said elsewhere that you'd be keen to play this on a server (and I just so happen to have one of those things) ..but that also makes me wonder if you've played this before on a server and, if so, how did somnia go? I've been umming and ahhing over it myself. I love it. I want it, but I'm not sure how to make it work on a server.

Anyway, even if I just play this through myself, I wanted to say thanks. It's a great idea

Edit- aha! You thought you could scuttle my devious plot by taking advantage of my incredibly weak reading skills. I found your configurations, good Sir. What I lack in eyesight, I make up for with ctrl+F and good humour :p

Thanks again

Last edited:

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the idea of this too. I've been googling around for your configs so I can steal your work and claim it as my own <cue evil laughter>. lol seriously though, I love the way you've thought it through. It's got elements that are very much along the lines of how I make my own personal packs, but I've never played Reikas mods in survival. I'm assuming from what you've said elsewhere that you'd be keen to play this on a server (and I just so happen to have one of those things) ..but that also makes me wonder if you've played this before on a server and, if so, how did somnia go? I've been umming and ahhing over it myself. I love it. I want it, but I'm not sure how to make it work on a server.

Anyway, even if I just play this through myself, I wanted to say thanks. It's a great idea

Edit- aha! You thought you could scuttle my devious plot by taking advantage of my incredibly weak reading skills. I found your configurations, good Sir. What I lack in eyesight, I make up for with ctrl+F and good humour :p

Thanks again
just wondering if you can make a server out of this if i actually can create the files.
because if yes i think it would be nice to play on this pack on a server and that we will also track bugs there.
if you can actually host a server at some way then tell me because i can make the server files

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, it would be nice to play on a server with others for once... heck, I am kinda hoping to see (or even take part in) a 'let's play' of this pack at one point. And yes, it is server capable, although you should leave out the visual and audio mods (optifine, matmos, sound filters, etc) on the server.

I haven't tried Somnia on a multiplayer server, so I'm not sure how it will work in that environment. However, even on singleplayer, there is one issue: If you use a non-vanilla bed (carpenter's bed or sleeping bag) the Somnia GUI won't appear, and your sleep won't end until you 'leave bed'. I found that by listening to the sounds from MAtmos, you can still get a feel for when it's morning to wake up.

All this being said, though, just remember one thing: While I made the modpack, I didn't make the mods. I cannot give permission on behalf of the mod authors, and I know Reika requires you to ask for his permission (and Railcraft has its own involved process). I'm pretty sure you already know this stuff, but I just want to cover my bases. ;)

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
some things, first for somnia just make an alarm clock :). other than that i know about the reika permissions and i am working on them now

Dulciphi

Jul 29, 2019
Optional client-side mods are easy enough to manage. And, yeah, I'm not the whiz server admin but I'm the owner, if that helps. From what I can see, I think Reika would be happy to give permission for this. I'm certainly not about to charge monies for server time in any form, let alone charge to use items and blocks. The configs seem to be set up as he intended too so that will help.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Did you also check the Railcraft license? If I recall correctly, they also have some steps you need to follow.

Dulciphi

Jul 29, 2019
This embarrassing message will self-destruct in ..5, 4, [or whenever i could be bothered deleting it].
..what once was here is no longer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Update: A couple more mods were added to the recipe: Repose, Ore Flowers, and Harder Wildlife, as well as their prerequisites.

Additionally, the latest version of WAILA Plugins no longer uses ttCore, now it uses EnderCore.

All the links are on the minecraftforum.net post.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind, however, ore flowers simply indicate the presence of a specific type of ore,this is not like magical crops.