MineTweaker/ModTweaker - A help and suggestions thread.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So as mentioned you need addRecipe, not addrecipe, more significantly you need to specify both an input and output item, as is you're just giving it one item so it can't work, you'll want something more like this.

mods.bloodmagic.Altar.addRecipe(<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsRuby>, 2, 5000, 20, 20);

That will turn normal seeds into ruby seeds for 5000LP requiring at least a T2 altar at a rate of 20LP/t assuming I'm reading the docs right.
No, sorry I wasn't paying attention to anything after mods.bloodmagic because it doesn't get any farther than that, the code in the actual script was copied directly off the modtweaker site and I swapped the correct items. I'll give you the actual code when I get back,home though, maybe I did mess something up. Sorry for the confusion but I want to know if I need to update or downgrade or something because I needed to downgrade for some of my Thaumcraft Recipes.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So as mentioned you need addRecipe, not addrecipe, more significantly you need to specify both an input and output item, as is you're just giving it one item so it can't work, you'll want something more like this.

mods.bloodmagic.Altar.addRecipe(<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsRuby>, 2, 5000, 20, 20);

That will turn normal seeds into ruby seeds for 5000LP requiring at least a T2 altar at a rate of 20LP/t assuming I'm reading the docs right.
mods.bloodmagic.Altar.addRecipe(<magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsRuby>, <magicalcrops:magicalcrops_MagicSeedsEssence>, 2, 5000, 50, 10);

This should be correct but I don't think the version I have wants to work with BM

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
With Mekanism. How would I go about disabling the basic version of cables and pipes, the steel casing, and the extra item pipes?

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
Minetweaker?

If you want, you can also disable them from showing up in NEI using MT too.

I am trying to change their recipes but with Mekanism 8 the recipes are registered after minetweaker so you can not remove them. I am trying to switch them out with a recipe that requires steel plates for the pipe's and cables, and steel plates and a gear for the steel casing. As it stands tight now I have the recipes that I want to be used in my pack but I still have the normal mekanism recipes showing up.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to change their recipes but with Mekanism 8 the recipes are registered after minetweaker so you can not remove them. I am trying to switch them out with a recipe that requires steel plates for the pipe's and cables, and steel plates and a gear for the steel casing. As it stands tight now I have the recipes that I want to be used in my pack but I still have the normal mekanism recipes showing up.
I think Meckanism is hardcoded but not sure IK a few other authors that do this. Because they don't want them changed.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have had no problems removing Mekanism recipes.
Hmm, weird IDK then. So maybe when you load up a world it loads MT and then Meckanism recipes. Maybe /mt reload to get it to load even later again but you might have to do this everytime you load up a world. Not sure if it'd work either.

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
I have run /mt reload and the recipes still are not removed and changed. I talked to the creator of Modtweaker and he said that right now it can't remove the recipes cause of the order that Mekanism registers its recipes. I am also running the newest version of both mod and minewteaker

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I have run /mt reload and the recipes still are not removed and changed. I talked to the creator of Modtweaker and he said that right now it can't remove the recipes cause of the order that Mekanism registers its recipes. I am also running the newest version of both mod and minewteaker
Mekanism uses it's own handler for it's crafting recipes, so default Minetweaker will not work, regardless of when the recipes load. Similarly, Modtweaker doesn't have provide a handler for Mekanism's crafting, just it's machines.
At this point, I recommend you post to Mekanism's Github, and ask that they include all recipes in the config to be disabled (which is how we change machine recipes right now), or to provide native Minetweaker support.

See below

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism uses it's own handler for it's crafting recipes, so default Minetweaker will not work, regardless of when the recipes load. Similarly, Modtweaker doesn't have provide a handler for Mekanism's crafting, just it's machines.
At this point, I recommend you post to Mekanism's Github, and ask that they include all recipes in the config to be disabled (which is how we change machine recipes right now), or to provide native Minetweaker support.

How come I can remove recipes then?

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
How come I can remove recipes then?
Well I retested after you said that, and apparently I forgot to change the load order correctly. My bad. You are definitely correct.

@Vagaprime, try renaming the Mekanism jars in the mods folder by adding a "z" to the front ("zMekanism.jar"). It should load Mekanism last, allowing you to use "recipes.remove(<whateverMekanismitem>)".

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
@RenzosNips I will give that a try now. I also put in a request on github for mekanism asking for mine or mod tweaker support to be added.

Just tested it on my end and it did not work. The last thing I can do to test load order now is to see if I can trick Multimc into loading Mekanism last.

Last edited:

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
anyone has any idea on how can i disable mekanism mobs dropping the armor they spawn with?
i want them to spawn with armor but not to drop it.
tried different lines in minetweaker etc , configs but can't get it to work

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So right when I thought I had this figured out...
//Remove
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<minecraft:gold_ore>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<minecraft:iron_ore>);

//Add
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:gold_ore>, <TConstruct:fluid.molten.gold> * 8, 200);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:iron_ore>, <TConstruct:fluid.molten.iron> * 8, 200);
But it sends me these 2 error messages :/
ERROR: Smeltery.zs:6 > a method available but none matches the parameters (minetweaker.item.IItemStack,minetweaker.item.IItemStack, int)
ERROR: Smeltery.zs:7 > a method available but none matches the parameters (minetweaker.item.IItemStack,minetweaker.item.IItemStack, int)

EDIT: NEI does not show the correct fluid name it is just liquid:gold.molten and that same format for all the fluids

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
So right when I thought I had this figured out...
//Remove

//Add
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:gold_ore>, <TConstruct:fluid.molten.gold> * 8, 200);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:iron_ore>, <TConstruct:fluid.molten.iron> * 8, 200);
But it sends me these 2 error messages :/
ERROR: Smeltery.zs:6 > a method available but none matches the parameters (minetweaker.item.IItemStack,minetweaker.item.IItemStack, int)
ERROR: Smeltery.zs:7 > a method available but none matches the parameters (minetweaker.item.IItemStack,minetweaker.item.IItemStack, int)

EDIT: NEI does not show the correct fluid name it is just liquid:gold.molten and that same format for all the fluids
Yeah, use /mt fluids to find the list of liquids.

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So it is done, I am gonna make balance changes but this is the jist of it. Note that in the config for Tinker's all ores are disabled except for aluminum because Metallurgy does not add its own aluminum. The only required mods are Metallurgy, Tinkers Construct, MineTweaker and ModTweaker!
//Remove Furnace
furnace.remove(<*>, <TConstruct:SearedBrick:5>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <TConstruct:GravelOre:*>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <minecraft:gold_ore>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <minecraft:iron_ore>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <Metallurgy:base.ore:*>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <Metallurgy:nether.ore:*>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <Metallurgy:ender.ore:*>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:*>);
furnace.remove(<*>, <Metallurgy:precious.ore:*>);

//Remove Smeltery
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<TConstruct:SearedBrick:5>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<TConstruct:GravelOre:*>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<Metallurgy:base.ore:*>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:*>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<Metallurgy:ender.ore:*>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:*>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<Metallurgy:precious.ore:*>);

//Add
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<TConstruct:SearedBrick:5>, <liquid:aluminum.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:gold_ore>, <liquid:gold.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:iron_ore>, <liquid:iron.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:base.ore:0>, <liquid:copper.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:base.ore:1>, <liquid:tin.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:base.ore:2>, <liquid:manganese.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:ender.ore:0>, <liquid:eximite.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:ender.ore:1>, <liquid:meutoite.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:0>, <liquid:prometheum.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:1>, <liquid:deep.iron.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:2>, <liquid:infuscolium.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:4>, <liquid:eek:ureclase.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:5>, <liquid:astral.silver.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:6>, <liquid:carmot.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:7>, <liquid:mithril.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:8>, <liquid:rubracium.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:11>, <liquid:eek:richalcum.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:13>, <liquid:adamantine.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:fantasy.ore:14>, <liquid:atlarus.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:0>, <liquid:ignatius.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:1>, <liquid:shadow.iron.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:2>, <liquid:lemurite.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:3>, <liquid:midasium.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:4>, <liquid:vyroxeres.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:5>, <liquid:ceruclase.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:6>, <liquid:alduorite.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:7>, <liquid:kalendrite.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:8>, <liquid:vulcanite.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:nether.ore:9>, <liquid:sanguinite.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:precious.ore:0>, <liquid:zinc.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:precious.ore:1>, <liquid:silver.molten> * 8, 160);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<Metallurgy:precious.ore:2>, <liquid:platinum.molten> * 8, 160);

CyricV

Jul 29, 2019
What is the optimal way to remove all recipes for the Thermal Expansion Induction Smelter? I really don't want to guess both inputs for every IS recipe and disable them one at a time. Alternatively, is there a way to hide all the IS recipes from being displayed in NEI. The induction smelter is disabled in a pack I'm designing and I'm trying to clean up after myself.

Also, how does one have a file dedicated to defining variables that all your other files make use of. I've looked around a bit, but I haven't found anything. There has to be a way to do this.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
What is the optimal way to remove all recipes for the Thermal Expansion Induction Smelter? I really don't want to guess both inputs for every IS recipe and disable them one at a time. Alternatively, is there a way to hide all the IS recipes from being displayed in NEI. The induction smelter is disabled in a pack I'm designing and I'm trying to clean up after myself.

Also, how does one have a file dedicated to defining variables that all your other files make use of. I've looked around a bit, but I haven't found anything. There has to be a way to do this.
Use a * for the output. So its something along the lines of mods.thermal.induction.remove(<*>);

Reactions: CyricV