Problem Mindcrack Pack Server Lag

Teppanyaki

Jul 29, 2019
So, I run this small server and want to run the mindcrack pack, but the server runs incredibly slow when running the pack whereas it runs smoothly while running FTBBetaA. It appears to be serverside, as when I try to do things in the console, it takes several seconds to register and the block lag is immense (multiple block break attempts required). Nothing obvious appears in console and the only mod removed is soul shards due to some strange incompatibility issue.

jsather

Jul 29, 2019
There was another post with this same issue on Sunday. No one posted a solution in that thread. I have this problem as well--block lag and very jerky entity movement.

I don't seem to have the issue with DW20 or BetaA.

vince959

Jul 29, 2019
Got the same issue here Beta A is running smooth but the MindCrack pack got some weird lag and delays, mobs are jumpy

lisim

Jul 29, 2019
Can you Please Give more information

Player number,
Server Specs
Constant Lag?
What else runs on the server

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
5-6 players on
i7 32 GB ram
constant lag. need to brake the same block 5-6 times
other games:1 counter strike server,1 tekkit server ( 75 player/ 30-40 on) ,1bukkit server ( 10 players ),1 TS server, but this is relevant. i tested only whit FTB on. and the lag is there.

jsather

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think network speed is the problem. I've managed to duplicate it on a LAN with 1 user on a i3/8G (Ubuntu), i7/16G (Windows 7), i5/8G (Windows 7), Core2 Quad 2.3/8G (Mint). All running Java 7 latest.

Medicant

Jul 29, 2019
Confirming I also have this issue running a mindcrack server.
Problem is exacerbated greatly when players are in multiple worlds. Extreme cpu spikes, tick and block lag. Chat is fine. server ping 32ms.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
don't know how to test speed trough ssh. but i upload trough FTP with 4-5 mb/s and download max 8. the server is 300 km from me

and what do you mean by own Dedicated Process

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if it's the new quarry that's causing all the lag, how many quarry's how you got going on your servers and at what speed?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
there are 0 quarrys at the moment

the block drop lag is so strange. if you get a super shovel and brake sand. if you don't wait for the first block to update and drop. all the block braked after the first one reappears , you can brake 7 blocks before first one drops. and all 6 reappear

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
We just found what might be a source of the problem. The mod that lets you create a blaze grinder int he overworld might be causing some problems. The guy that made his on our server, if he turns it on, jumps our cpu and ram usage by atleast 10%. You may want to look into that, just a suggestion.

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
soulshards ?

Yeah, that's the one, I'm not so good with the new mods but we were lagging pretty bad and when we started checking for problems we noticed the blaze grinder in the overworld and restarted the server watching for when he logged back in. we were at 40% until he logged in and when he did it jumped 14%

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
the ting is i don't really lag. the blocks i brake lag. and i see mobs jumping from block to block. not waling . the rest is ok. the map loads fast. and i don't have lag when i walk around. the CPU and ram are in normal parameters

Blanq820

Jul 29, 2019
I was having the same problem, and I did two things that make it better, not a complete fix, but anything to make it more playable right?

First, go into the start.bat and change the portion that says 1G to 1024M. java sometimes is a bit bitchy about notation if you're doing the default 512-1024MB allocation.

Second thing i did was reduce the view distance to 8 in the properties to alleviate some of the lag spikes.

Hope this helps at least a little bit.