Methane from Charcoal?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried to use the packager from factorization, but I don't seem to be saving anything with it. Anyone think of way to do the autocrafting without buildcraft?
Immibis Tubestuff has a RedPower autocrafting table, right now you have to add another mod to your pack, but I believe it will be introduced to the packs eventually based upon this.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if the Manager from RedPower would be useful to keep things distributed/stocked automatically... and now I wonder how the Manager works when connected to Factorization's Packager. Off to test! :D
I'd check out the GregTech automation blocks, it adds an Electric Crafting Table along with some RP-esque Translocator, Sorter, Buffer,etc. But I'm not very familiar with how they work.

TubeStuff has a much better autocraftingtable, but it's not in any pack even as far as I know. :(

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Issue with the electric crafting table is it is 5000 EU per action for something that is just a little nicer to use than the BC autocrafting table. Gregtechs other automation machines bleed energy as well. For a farm used in an 'efficient' power system it is a waste of EU. The input/output plays nice with the RP tubes though.

Managers are nice, but overkill for the job at hand and require blutricity to run.

My side goal is to keep the system cheap and simple. Which makes the advanced redpower machines and gregtech machines a little overbudget.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Think this is about as nice as I will get the tree farm piece:

Same basic pieces, but moved the pulverizer over a relay. It outputs the red output (sand and saltpeter) into the relay -- which gets it into the pipe system. Saltpeter and sand goes to the wooden double chest used by the the sandstone and fertilizer autocrafting tables. I had to use some covers to keep things separate, but it all fits well and all the chests/inputs can be access to load extra sand into the system. If you want extra humus.

The pulverizer yellow output (niter) just loops out the side and into the hopper.

VMo9C.jpg

AfAdn.jpg

Autarchic gates for the screenshots. Redstone engines will work just fine in thier place. Dirt in the barrel, but could be any container. If you use a different container you might have to move it to another side of the humus auto crafting table to avoid the pipe return to the relay.

Fairly simple and very effective.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
If you're short on diamonds, you could always macerate 64 coal, use 8 flint and a brick or obsidian, and make an industrial diamond (replaced by normal diamonds a while back, but I call it that)

Oh, and since I didn't reply to this part before, I will now :X

It's not a matter of needing diamonds for the macerator so much as needing diamonds for other things first. I personally don't want to use the coal except for if I absolutely have to, and if they work with fortune 3 pickaxes (never managed to get one cause I've always been playing around) then I also don't want to mine them until I get one to maximize the coal I get. With a villager that can supply me with diamond tools easily however I could more readily resuply myself with diamonds as well as be able to get a good fortune pickaxe earlier in the case of him having pickaxes for trade. Basically, it's just an order of things I do rather than the lack of diamonds :X

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't want to use the coal except for if I absolutely have to, and if they work with fortune 3 pickaxes (never managed to get one cause I've always been playing around) then I also don't want to mine them until I get one to maximize the coal I get
They work with Fortune III very well, and I'm the same way.