Metallurgy oreDict issues

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure exactly where to post this, but this is my best guess.

Essentially I grabbed the Metallurgy 3 and the TiCo compatibility mods from Horizons 2.0 and put it into Monster 1.0.10

Now damascus steel ingots are registered as sulfur dust and are dropping from the Metallurgy 3 sulfur ore.

Damascus steel pickaxe is registered as dustSaltpeter and is dropping from Metallurgy and Railcraft saltpeter ore blocks.

Does anyone know of any good options to fix this?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like item ID conflicts if I ever heard one. I'm surprised they're popping up at all due to the Universal Configs. @Eyamaz , would you be the one to ask about issues with the Universal Configs, or is Jadedcat the one to talk to?

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
I am working through that right now, and I notice in game for Horizon (which is working properly) that the item ID is not the same as the one in the config file. I changed the sulfur ID in my Monster kluge and now sulfur ore is dropping platinum armor.

Also damascus ingots in helm shape make a prometheun orb, and in chest shape make glass dust.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I am working through that right now, and I notice in game for Horizon (which is working properly) that the item ID is not the same as the one in the config file. I changed the sulfur ID in my Monster kluge and now sulfur ore is dropping platinum armor.

Strange, considering I use the same exact configs in both packs. I look into it.

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Strange, considering I use the same exact configs in both packs. I look into it.

I just disabled damascus steel and it looks like things are working as it should. Haven't done more than a quick look over NEI though.

Edit: Also having issues finding osmium ore after adding Mekanism. Saw a post by Jadedcat that there is apparently a download of universal configs so I will try those.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I just disabled damascus steel and it looks like things are working as it should. Haven't done more than a quick look over NEI though.

Edit: Also having issues finding osmium ore after adding Mekanism. Saw a post by Jadedcat that there is apparently a download of universal configs so I will try those.

Oh, I need to fix that. Osmium is disabled in the mekanism configs. I was adding it to the new ore gen and, um...

Forgot...

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I need to fix that. Osmium is disabled in the mekanism configs. I was adding it to the new ore gen and, um...

Forgot...
After trying to get the ID conflicts and the ore generation working I have a much better appreciation of all the work you do...

And to add some more fun on your plate, I enabled BoP and Highlands for default world generation and I have yet to see any ocean biomes other than a few blocks bordering a flying hills biome. The only place that generated any coral and oysters for Mariculture was an estuary.

TCGM

Jul 29, 2019
I should mention that this problem appears to be coming from the fact that in MetallurgyUtility.cfg (as of version 1.1.1 of the Monster Pack), Potash, Saltpeter, Sulfur, and Tar all take up item ids directly after 26500. 26500-26550 are reserved in MetallurgyBase for Damascus Steel items. I will attempt to fix it, but a UniversalConfig update for this would be grand. I simply changed the 26 to 23 in MetallurgyUtility.

The exact file contents are:

MetallurgyUtility:
Code:
    I:Bitumen=26494
    I:Fertilizer=26495
    I:"HE TNT"=916
    I:"LE TNT"=917
    I:Magnesium=26496
    I:"Magnesium Igniter"=26497
    I:Match=26498
    I:Phosphorus=26499
    I:Potash=26500