Memory Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arirang

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, im having a bit of a problem with FTB here. I can only play for like 5 minutes before the game gets laggy like hell. I also get Out of memory error message. I have 6 gb memory on this comp and it should be enough for this game. In the options of FTB i can only set the max memory to 1 gb. Anyone know a solution to my problem? it would be greatly appreciated. Runing windows 7 64 bit and i have the latest java.

Thanks

CSykes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the exact same problem, I've got the latest Java (V7 update 7 I think) and 3GB of RAM but it only allows me to use 1GB when i use the slider in the FTB launcher options :(

wattzy

Jul 29, 2019
To use more than 1GB with Java you will need to install the Java 7 x64 version. The default 32 bit Java will not allow you to use more than 1GB, its a limitation of Java :(

CSykes

Jul 29, 2019
That's the problem, i already have the latest x64 version of java, the launcher is still capped at 1GB :/

wattzy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, do you have the 32 bit installed as well? It may be that the 32 bit version is being used instead (if so try uninstalling it)

CSykes

Jul 29, 2019
i've checked in the control panel and there's only one instance of it on the computer at the moment and that's the x64 that i downloaded from oracle

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hey guys, im having a bit of a problem with FTB here. I can only play for like 5 minutes before the game gets laggy like hell. I also get Out of memory error message. I have 6 gb memory on this comp and it should be enough for this game. In the options of FTB i can only set the max memory to 1 gb. Anyone know a solution to my problem? it would be greatly appreciated. Runing windows 7 64 bit and i have the latest java.

Thanks
Please post the entire console log to Pastebin.com. Instructions are in my signature.

I'm having the exact same problem, I've got the latest Java (V7 update 7 I think) and 3GB of RAM but it only allows me to use 1GB when i use the slider in the FTB launcher options :(
Please post the entire console log to Pastebin.com. Instructions are in my signature.

CSykes

Jul 29, 2019
i don't understand, the problem isn't described in the console log, it's just that the launcher won't allow me to select more than 1GB of RAM, do you want the console log anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.