Member status?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been on this forum for a while and today I got the active member status. Can someone please post me a link of what these mean and how to achieve the various ones I see on other members of this forum?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
You get your title based on the amount of Trophy Points you have. The various trophies can be found here.

Your title is as follows:
Active is 25
Well-known is 45
Popular is 100
Forum Addict is 150
Over Achiever is 200

If you get enough points, you might end up on the board here.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
You get your title based on the amount of Trophy Points you have. The various trophies can be found here.

Your title is as follows:
Active is 25
Well-known is 45
Popular is 100
Forum Addict is 150
Over Achiever is 200

If you get enough points, you might end up on the board here.
Thanks a bunch. Also I have a bunch of alerts from you, I can see why you are an over-achiever.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Thanks a bunch. Also I have a bunch of alerts from you, I can see why you are an over-achiever.
*sigh* i am getting tired of saying this, but it is my policy(be informative and help spread correct information)(my policy does sometimes annoy me)...... the trophy system glithed and gave quite a few members a LOT of free points. (60 or something) but, your right, he does deserve it. and in about 200 likes, i will deserve it too :p

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
There are also some ranks (like "Mod Dev") that you can't get by points. The forum administration gives them to people based on merit - for example, if you clearly are a mod developer (you have the MCF thread to prove it and stuff), and you're active on the FTB forums, then you'll probably find yourself with that title in short order.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm... actually not sure, nowadays. That used to be a thing more early-on, when there were far less ranks. My memory is hazy so it's entirely possible that I misrepresent things (which is why I avoided using it as an example above), but I think it went something like this: you had "member", "active member", and "well-known member" for directly accessible ranks. Then there were moderators, and I don't remember if Slowpoke and the FTB team even had specific titles at all... it was a community where you knew who Slowpoke was because it was his brainchild and he promoted it.

"Trusted User" was a rank awarded to members who contributed significantly and with reliable content to the young FTB community. For instance, I wrote several guides that didn't exist in that form anywhere else in the modded Minecraft community (such as a full scope feature documentation for Redpower2's undocumented blutricity power system) and maintained discussions in these threads, and I made an effort to be very active in the "ask a simple question" thread. Eventually I just logged in one day and found that my title had changed.

A lot of people who earned this rank went on to become moderators or team members later, @Vauthil and @Eyamaz come to mind (and they probably know more about the details than I do).

I don't know if they still give out this rank nowadays. It's more of a blanket recognition whereas the trend I'm seeing now is towards specific recognition - more regular titles that are hard to get without tons of likes (which implies high quality posting), developer recognitions, wiki contributor and team position titles and so on.

Reactions: PierceSG and Vasa

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think the ranking system only went so far and then the mods handed out ranks to people who deserved recognition. That's how I always saw it anyway.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing that confuses me. What does it mean when FTB "hires" a person. I did not realise that this was a legitimate business now.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing that confuses me. What does it mean when FTB "hires" a person. I did not realise that this was a legitimate business now.

Well technically none of us get paid still, not by FTB. @Eyamaz and I are paid for our work with CurseForge by Curse. But modpack creation is our hobby. Basically when FTB "hires" someone it means we are giving them official sanction for something, and responsibilities. Its a volunteer thing. They get responsibilities. The only full time volunteers (40+ hrs a week) are me, Eyamaz, and Progwml6. Watchful and SatanicSanta also put in quite a few volunteer hours. But most of the volunteers just put in a couple hours here and there.

Its basically people we can trust not to abuse forum powers, to keep insider information secret (no spoilers), and to do something like wiki articles, translation, moderation, pack building, without bias or abuse.

Trusted Member is given to people who are informative, helpful, active and keep a cool head. Rational, calm , experieced individuals.

motorhue

Jul 29, 2019
And I am adding new trophies and titles.. cause umm... bored.
Uhm, mind getting the existing trophies to work first? I registered 21.aug 2012 and have two-factor authentication, yet i still only have 3 trophies :(
(why did I all of a sudden start caring for this random number?)

Reactions: pc_assassin

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, mind getting the existing trophies to work first? I registered 21.aug 2012 and have two-factor authentication, yet i still only have 3 trophies :(
(why did I all of a sudden start caring for this random number?)

That's one of the forum default trophies not really sure how to fix it. I use 2 factor and don't have it :(

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much the more you post things that other users find useful (like) the more points you get. With a few trophies for people who have a really hig post to like ratio... or just never talk... but most points are based on post to like ratio and a decent number of posts.

Too Much Free Time = 300 points
Minecraft is my Life - 350
Never Leaves = 400