[MC 1.7.10] New World Mod-Pack [v0.0.7]

moii

Jul 29, 2019
i am having trouble with my cmd
it says:
"according to website, current mcversion is: minecraft 1.6.2"
does that mean i have to update my minecraft or my ftb?
im pretty sure my minecraft is up to date and isnt this modpack for ftb?
im not sure why that matters!!
i need help!

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
Can you give me the log? The current Minecraft version should have nothing to do with FTB, we don't go by Mojang's time :p.
i am having trouble with my cmd
it says:
"according to website, current mcversion is: minecraft 1.6.2"
does that mean i have to update my minecraft or my ftb?
im pretty sure my minecraft is up to date and isnt this modpack for ftb?
im not sure why that matters!!
i need help!

moii

Jul 29, 2019
is the log the server text file?
2013-09-14 15:00:10 [INFO] Damage Indicators Mod v.2.7.0.1 is out of date. v.2.9.0.0 is now available.
2013-09-14 15:00:11 [INFO] Loading NEI
2013-09-14 15:00:11 [INFO] TubeStuff: RP2 Machine doesn't seem to be installed
2013-09-14 15:00:11 [INFO] TubeStuff: RP2 Logic doesn't seem to be installed
2013-09-14 15:00:21 [INFO] According to website, current mcversion is: Minecraft 1.6.2
2013-09-14 15:00:21 [INFO] Since yours doesnt match that, Update Checker is aborting now.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
2013-09-14 15:00:10 [INFO] Damage Indicators Mod v.2.7.0.1 is out of date. v.2.9.0.0 is now available.
2013-09-14 15:00:21 [INFO] According to website, current mcversion is: Minecraft 1.6.2
2013-09-14 15:00:21 [INFO] Since yours doesnt match that, Update Checker is aborting now.
All this is, is telling the mods that you are not using MC 1.6.2. So when they check if your mods are updated they don't check the mods for 1.6.2 because you cant use them anyway.

Reactions: Darth Sith

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of, the log would be like the server text file except it's in your FTB folder and named Forgemodloader-client log. This is fine though your mods are just talking to each other.

johnmg3

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better place to keep up with the changes happening to this pack? I noticed 7.5 on the launcher today.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Is there a better place to keep up with the changes happening to this pack? I noticed 7.5 on the launcher today.
Right now I am just doing what I can to keep things ready for when I return. I pushed an update to watchful, no one had any idea when it would happen.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i'm not understanding all the version either. My wife and I want to run a server for the both of us to play on, but the FTB client has way more options than i can find on this thread, the OP seems to be massively outdated.

What should i download to run a server and play on?

Please forgive me if the answer to this question was 14 pages ago.

SirCobalt

Jul 29, 2019
I was on a small hiatus from Minecraft, and now that I started playing again I saw the New World Mod Pack in the FTB launcher. The collection of mods caught my interest so I started to play, but I am noticing that some of the mods it says are in the pack are not actually in it.

I started on either v7.1 or 6.4, I don't recall (and I'm not at my home PC at the moment). But it did not have some mods such as Rei's Minimap, Backpack Mod, Craft Guide or Primitive Mobs.

The next day the FTB launcher said there was an update, to v7.5, however when I attempt to download that update it constantly gives me some "java MALFORMED" error and doesn't work.

Is there a version of NWMP that includes all the mods listed in the FTB Launcher?
Is there a way to successfully update to v7.5 (and does it include all of the listed mods)?

On a more positive note, seems like a great modpack, keep up the good work!

Quanten1972

Jul 29, 2019
Question. Mining stone seems to be very very slow. I tried to mine with a stone and it takes 10 to 15 seconds, mining coal or iron is visibly much quicker. Is it normal ? Is this something to set in the config files ?

lydocia

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there! Before the latest FTB update, your server pack worked just fine. I really like the fact that Millénaire was in there so it's my favourite FTB pack so far. However, since that update, the server pack has stopped working. I can't get your modpack to work! Any advice on what to do?

yWgVtTJ.png

Ninjaofquest

Jul 29, 2019
When I tried downloading 7.1 a few weeks ago the pack wouldn't download. Is there something I can do to get a clean download? I would like to see all the new mods that weren't in 6.4.

tmick

Jul 29, 2019
I have had similar issues with this pack. If you are really itching to play the version 5.6 will work in the FTB launcher. You can change the version using the selector just to the right of the download server button. It is minecraft v 1.4.7. though so it may have some different mods but it still has millenare.

SAFry

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, big fan of the mod, been enjoying it with my friends for a couple months. We have a 6.4.2 server but recently we have had a little problem.

When downloading 6.4.2 from the launcher we now get a FML fatal error and when I look at the log it seems to be problems downloading stuff. I can post the logs if you like.

A new joiner reported it to me and I was able to recreate it on one of my computers. I tried deleting everything and downloading fresh but same result. Only thing I've been able to do is zip up my whole MC folder and send it to them which got them onto the server.

So yeah, 6.4.2 did work and now doesn't. Any advice?

Also leaving it on recommended just gets you vanilla so it seems the mod pack is a bit FUBAR at the moment.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be a lot of problems going on with this modpack... Also, I'm not sure about this but I think kyle isn't actually here atm, so none of these problems are even getting sorted currently. Also, I'm just asking this but if could some people check their logs and see if scala-library is being downloaded or if it can't, that seems to be an issue with a lot of packs.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
the scala library is having issues of it's own, which is affecting this and at least 2 other packs (magic farm, and the space one)

To get past the scala issue, you need to download those files manually, because whoever manages that repository renamed them. There's other threads explaning it, i dont remember the exact adress. If you look in your error log, you will see the location it's supposed to be on. Browse in a browser to that directory directly, and you will see them all, and see the misnamed file. Download it, correct the spelling, yadda yadda.

sorry, headed to bed, too tired to give great instructions.

That aside, yes, this modpack also has it's own problems, but scale isn't theirs.

OliveSkunk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, big fan of the mod, been enjoying it with my friends for a couple months. We have a 6.4.2 server but recently we have had a little problem.

When downloading 6.4.2 from the launcher we now get a FML fatal error and when I look at the log it seems to be problems downloading stuff. I can post the logs if you like.

A new joiner reported it to me and I was able to recreate it on one of my computers. I tried deleting everything and downloading fresh but same result. Only thing I've been able to do is zip up my whole MC folder and send it to them which got them onto the server.

So yeah, 6.4.2 did work and now doesn't. Any advice?

Also leaving it on recommended just gets you vanilla so it seems the mod pack is a bit FUBAR at the moment.
The 1.5.2 scala-library.jar was removed from FML, a temporary solution, until the mod creator updates the pack, is to download this: http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/fml_libs15.zip and extract to the lib folder such as FTB\NewWorldModPack\minecraft\lib

There seems to be a lot of problems going on with this modpack... Also, I'm not sure about this but I think kyle isn't actually here atm, so none of these problems are even getting sorted currently. Also, I'm just asking this but if could some people check their logs and see if scala-library is being downloaded or if it can't, that seems to be an issue with a lot of packs.
There's a thread posted on the main website about it. http://www.newworldservers.net/forum/m/12230265/viewthread/9021968-i-get-new-world-to-open

There's quite a few threads on the minecraftforge about it, most stating that 1.5.2 scala-library.jar is EOL and that they changed the way forge files are downloaded now because scala-library.jar used to be a massive bandwidth hog.

To get past the scala issue, you need to download those files manually, because whoever manages that repository renamed them. There's other threads explaning it, i dont remember the exact adress. If you look in your error log, you will see the location it's supposed to be on. Browse in a browser to that directory directly, and you will see them all, and see the misnamed file. Download it, correct the spelling, yadda yadda..
http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/scala-library.jar.stash