MaxedGaming Server Tools: Mysql LogBlock, Vanish, WorldDrops

xxxgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

Just a short introduction for a mod package that I have working on our main server at the moment and getting ready for release, I am developing this package with the only purpose of trying to maintain a lag free server and seeing what is going on (what players are doing).

Forge LogBlock with Mysql Credit also goes to KeepCalm for his blockBreak API

The Forge LogBlock will enable you to see who built what on your server. Each time a player places or breaks a block an entry will be made into your database from which you can then check who placed or destroyed the blocks around you

Usage:

/logblock placed <radius>
/logblock destroyed <radius>

We will be looking into developing a rollback function like we are used to in bukkit but for now we will be looking into accurately saving and retrieving the data before we start messing around with rolling back the world

This is a screenshot of it what the output currently looks like:

file.php

Forge WorldDrops Remove

This mod was essential to us in keeping a lag free server while running industrialization mods, You have probably ran into the issue of overflowing quarries a number of times. This mod enables you to display how many drops are currently lagging up your server, You may be surprised by the number the first time you use this.

This mod will show you how many drops are currently in the world but also the coordinates of each drop which allows you to go investigate who is causing havok and lagging up your server. You can also choose to remove all drops from the world in one go.

Usage:

/worldDrops
/worldDrops show
/worldDrops remove

We ware planning on sorting the locations where the most drops are in future to make it easier to see where a high number of drops are lying around your world. This is only for the main world.

Forge Vanish

The classic invisibility mod in forge. Stalk players on your server to see what they are up to, Helps quite alot when someone new joins the server who wants to just cause trouble.

Usage:

/vanish on
/vanish off

Please take note: You will only be invisible, Right now you can still be heard/hit by a player so be careful when stalking as they could end up hearing you. This only works in the main world.

Reason I am linking off to that 1 topic is because I have 3-4 different topics on various minecraft forums and its alot easier just updating 1 topic with the latest info!

Looking forward to your feedback.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can just add that library to the "libs" folder, instead of to the minecraft server jar.

xxxgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Has that worked for you? I have tried putting it in there without success.

Thanks for the feedback will try it later again!

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good xxxgamer, will install it on my testserver to see if it runs will al my other mods before using it on my live. the Worlddrops remove thing is just a musthave imo.

xxxgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Nessiroj, Please let me know how you get on,

For now I would definitely recommend giving everything a good test on a local server first, I will be working on getting everything into 1 config file this weekend, Right now it generates about 4 config files which is excessive.

And yea the WorldDrops has helped on numerous occasions allready in finding badly built machines which were dropping stuff everywhere causing players in the area to lag out pretty bad.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
i don't really care about the amount of configs so won't be waiting for that, but have to test if it workds with the DW20 V4 pack / Forge Essentials / Fighu's mods / Ticktreading (from nallar ;)) and my MCMA software. (running that on my live server)
If that works i'll test for you the other modpacks aswell, since it's not that hard to swap around on a testserver ;) I see 1.4.6 is required so that limits the amount of modpacks atleast :p

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for replying here xxxgamer, but still waiting on my activation email from your forum

There is an error in your MySQL syntax

Code:
CREATE TABLE `destroyed` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `username` vrchar(45) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  `block_id` int(5) NOT NULL,
  `x` int(5) NOT NULL,
  `y` int(5) NOT NULL,
  `z` int(5) NOT NULL,
  `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB ;

you forgot the a from varchar ;)

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
Our dev published his PEX port today. Pherhaps you could throw in nodes from your mod to work with it? Gonna give this a try later on, havent really missed this, but it might be a really nice feature to have around.

xxxgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for pointing out the type have it fixed now,

I will have a look at the PEX port to see what you mean.

lisim

Jul 29, 2019
i posted in the maxxedgamming section but ill post here 2

We can not get this to connect to our database, no matter how we tell it to connect we get a no suitable driver error.

No suitable driver always means that the driver JAR was loaded, but your URL syntax is incorrect.
any thoughts?

Wondrej

Jul 29, 2019
so the world drops and vanish are part of the Server Tools? or should I look for the download link somewhere, 'cause I can't see it.

xxxgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Yes they are, Sorry it is a bit of a mess, I May later on release each command as a seperate mod to keep it a bit more manageable for development/releasing.

Wondrej

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed the logblock and I know its just the work in progress so I will treat it like that, but since I have also my bukkit server I know what logblock is capable of and I miss few things in your version:
logblock tool to show changes on specific block
variables: to show changes in certain time period or done by player etc.
changes done in chests
and rollback, but you said you will work on this after you are done with block logging which is fair enough.

to the other mods:
vanish will not remove me from player list so people will know I am still online (also I will have to test if the chat bubble will apear above my head when I type something)
vanish also vanishes all the villagers (probably only for me, but still...)
vanish will show an error message if you try to /vanish off while visible
worlddrops are just useless right now tbh... the list is so long I cant read it, perhaps only from log in console and cleaning all is a bit harsh. Maybe it would be nice to have in pages (as help is done) and add feature that would show only the number of drops and add entities for example.
If you are looking for inspiration look how bukkit server handles it with memory command (something like that would have me excited)

You are doing great job, take those as Ideas for future development, I will inform you about usage soon :) thanks

Wondrej

Jul 29, 2019
Also I think the connector is not working properly:

Code:
2013-01-28 10:24:57 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 4.6.17.515 for Minecraft 1.4.6 loading
2013-01-28 10:24:57 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Coremod mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar: The plugin class com.mysql.jdbc.Connection was not instantiable
java.lang.InstantiationException: com.mysql.jdbc.Connection
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:340)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchLibraryManager.discoverCoreMods(RelaunchLibraryManager.java:372)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchLibraryManager.handleLaunch(RelaunchLibraryManager.java:103)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.setupHome(FMLRelauncher.java:155)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.relaunchServer(FMLRelauncher.java:133)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.handleServerRelaunch(FMLRelauncher.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1375)

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, is there a way for me to get this set up using SQLight? If so, how do I go about setting it up? I have downloaded both the command shell, and the DLL for the SQLite library, but I do not know where to go from there.

I currently am running a pure vanilla FTB, and this would be the first addon I've wanted to add based on recent griefing incidents. Any help would be appreciated. The primary reason for my interested in this version, is that I would rather not use Bukkit.

My server is hosted on ClanForge if that makes any difference, and I will be working threw FTP's if these make a difference.