Making a new server...

mawsie

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there, I hope I'm posting this in the right place...

I am creating a new FTB Ultimate server and would like some help in terms of what plugins I should get for it.

I am wanting the server to have different ranks and want it so that every day certain ranks get free things, like free diamonds etc.

Can anyone suggest what plugins it is worth installing?

Thanks for any help!

Mawsie

Mr Chris

Jul 29, 2019
Essentials will be able to do kits which you can add cooldowns on, for example the group 'Member' could only get 5 diamonds every 24 hours. PermissionsEx would also be great since you can control what groups can do what and chat colours etc. For these you will need MCPC+ which, simply, allows Forge to communicate with Bukkit plugins.

mawsie

Jul 29, 2019
I've already installed mcpc and pex but I'm struggling with pex, do you know any good tutorials for it or anything?

Thanks

Mawsie

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

mawsie

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent thanks, I'll have a look at that now.

With the essentials one, can you make it so that a certain group recieves like a diamond every time they log in but then obviously only apply that once every 24 hours?

Thanks

Mawsie

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Mr Chris

Jul 29, 2019
You can use Essentials to make kits that can only be redeemed once every x minutes/hours/days/etc but there is probably a plugin you can get that does what you want. Have a look on dev.bukkit.org for one.