Make the Filler not despawn the item drops instantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minicl55

Jul 29, 2019
I remember how two versions ago in DireWolf20 pack, the filler wouldn't instantly despawn the items it destroyed. How do I make it do this again?

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can because people were making 'underground quarries' with it. It takes less to make a filler than it does to make a quarry so they fixed it so you couldn't do that anymore.

minicl55

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that shouldn't work, to be honest. However, I am not using it for that in this exact instance (I like quarries better), is there a config value?

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
No, I don't think there is. You can take a look for yourself, I don't know what the filler is, IC2 or Buildcraft but you can go check the .cfg files.

SebWhittle

Jul 29, 2019
Its a Buildcraft machine. It was nerfed so you couldn't pick the items up quickly, since if you want to clear a large area, the resources aren't going to be major. There are no config options to my knowledge.

Lacunanight

Jul 29, 2019
In the buildcraft Config there is an option for it.
Code:
# set to false to prevent fillers from dropping blocks.
    B:dropBrokenBlocks=false
# If true, Filler will destroy blocks instead of breaking them.
    B:filler.destroy=false

Granted I would like to see an option in the GUI that allows for this but will use up a great deal more energy or an item similar t the circuit boards from forestry that will at least allow it to still be used in tree farms

summitman29

Jul 29, 2019
I have both those options set to false and the blocks still disappear after 1 second how do I stop this?

summitman29

Jul 29, 2019
do you know of another way to flatten the land while collecting the drops? I would use a quarry but it goes further than I want it to.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Turtles. You could write a custom quarry/excavate program for it. If you don't know coding, this is a bit difficult, unfortunately :p

Beyond that, I don't really have any idea. You could use a mining laser on horizontal mode to do it manually. Is it really that important to get the blocks?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
with a turtle useing a custom program or default tunnel program or mining laser on horizontal mode only 2 ways i can think of

DaWhiskers

Jul 29, 2019
In the buildcraft Config there is an option for it.
Code:
# set to false to prevent fillers from dropping blocks.
    B:dropBrokenBlocks=false
# If true, Filler will destroy blocks instead of breaking them.
    B:filler.destroy=false

Granted I would like to see an option in the GUI that allows for this but will use up a great deal more energy or an item similar t the circuit boards from forestry that will at least allow it to still be used in tree farms
try changing the first option to true
B:dropBrokenBlocks=true

might make a difference

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The option was removed to stop people from using the filler as a cheap quarry. In the direwolf20 smp series I believe it was chickenbones (i think) that mentioned that the block drops from fillers had been removed.

There is no way to change this as was mentioned it is hardcoded to do this now. I would have thought this option would have been removed from the config.

Status
Not open for further replies.