Major lag with launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teathe

Jul 29, 2019
When I play normal Minecraft with the regular launcher, I get a steady 150-200 frames on far render with normal settings.

When I use the FTB launcher to play the mods within it, I get 10-20 fps.

When I use the FTB launcher to play vanilla minecraft (disabled every mod) I still get a very low framerate of 15-30.

I've tried using other Mod packs, and also get a lot of lag when using them.

A friend of mine is able to play mod packs fine at 30 fps, he gets 30 fps on normal minecraft with his machine as well.

I have a much better system than him, so I'm confused as to why I'm getting lag, and less frames than him at that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Magecake

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried increasing you ram allocation in the luancher or updating java plus the right java IE 32/64 bit

Teathe

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I bumped the ram allocation up to 1500MB Min and 3000MB max and recently downloaded the 64 bit version of Java Update 9.

Teathe

Jul 29, 2019
I have also created an instance of the FTB client through MultiMc but it still results in massive lag .

Myt

Jul 29, 2019
reinstalled? .. reinstall java ..? bee sure nothing else sucking ram in background? .. lower ram allocation ro max 1-2g? change options .. disable cload, fog, stars, particall, capes (they took the most perfomance)

Teathe

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a matter of my computer being unable to run it.
It's more of an issue of the client lowering my FPS. I opened normal minecraft, 150 fps, left it open. Ran FTB on Vanilla minecraft settings and was at 20 fps. With both clients open, the normal minecraft was still at 150 fps, while the FTB one was at 20.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Could you tell us a bit more about your computer?
Do you have a CPU or motherboard with integrated graphics in addition to a dedicated card?
Are you on a laptop?
Do you use the exe version of the launcher?
Could you check the load on your GPU and CPU while you run minecraft?

Teathe

Jul 29, 2019
It's an Alienware m14x r2, that's about as much as I know about it. Yes it's a laptop.

I do use the .exe version for the launcher.

As for CPU usage: 15-20% with normal minecraft up.
15-20% when using the FTB client with no mods enabled.

Not sure what GPU is.

Hjalledragon

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thing,

Java leaves a MASSIVE amount for the trash collector thingy, and bumping up your ram isn't always a good idea. Sometimes, (sometimes), it works to actually bumb down the amount of ram you're allocating.

PS: Please don't be saying you're playing 5 other games in the meanwhile and uploading stuff to Youtube! that would (obviously) mean a lot![DOUBLEPOST=1352827238][/DOUBLEPOST]Just realized,

did you remember to turn off fancy graphics and not have the render distance on stupid? (HINT: using optifine and having the render distance on 2048+)

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Im going to take a wild guess and say that your computer doesn't recognize the launcher as a game and therefor doesn't power up your GPU.
You should be able to force your GPU to always be enabled with nvidia control panel or amd catalyst something something, depending on which brand your laptop have.
Then try running the launcher after the GPU is set to always enabled and see if that helps, if it does it should be able to add the launcher or java or something so that it autoaticly ramps up when you start minecraft.

Sparklin

Jul 29, 2019
Im going to take a wild guess and say that your computer doesn't recognize the launcher as a game and therefor doesn't power up your GPU.
You should be able to force your GPU to always be enabled with nvidia control panel or amd catalyst something something, depending on which brand your laptop have.
Then try running the launcher after the GPU is set to always enabled and see if that helps, if it does it should be able to add the launcher or java or something so that it autoaticly ramps up when you start minecraft.
could u please tell me how to enable my gpu
i run nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.