Problem Magic Farm Server Ticking Error

Rajecent

Jul 29, 2019
We recently had an issue running the Magic Farm server and it looks like a few others were having this problem as well.
I figure i'll post here for anyone looking for a solution to this:

Description: Ticking screen

java.lang.ClassCastException: thaumcraft.common.entities.projectile.EntityAlumentum cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving

This seems to either be a problem with minecraft_server.jar or with Forge itself.

So the fix ended up being pretty simple.
1. Download the latest version of minecraft server 1.5.2 from www.minecraft.net
2. Grab Forgemodloader (I got version Universal-1.5.2-7.8.1.737) This will prob not matter in future forge updates
3. Moddify the minecraft_server.jar and DO NOT I repeat DO NOT delete META INF on either mainecraft or forge just add it as is
4. After doing this the server booted right up.

One other minor issue was the NEI plugin for minefantasy would not boot so i had to remove that mod from the server. That will more than likely get resolved in future mod updates as well.

Hope this helps everyone!

alex novickis

Jul 29, 2019
This did not solve for me

There's some goofy cast in thaumcraft
java.lang.ClassCastException: thaumcraft.common.entities.projectile.EntityAlumentum cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving

EntityAlumentum <-- can be something else also appears

Using MCPC+ is a bit more stable,
Thaumcragft 3.0.5.h does not help this problem

deleting the world does help :)

Avoid creative and you will be ok a lot longer

thaumcraft I don't think is ready for primetime really

Rajecent

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct this solved our issue for awhile, but it has returned. I have worked through using fresh minecraft_server.jar files and many different forge versions and it does not seem to help. The error seems random and by player as well.

I was able to login with one player and then have the other player standing right next to them. One player crashed with this problem and the other was just fine for while.

We have updated to 3.0.5h and still the issue continues.[DOUBLEPOST=1374784701][/DOUBLEPOST]we have also posted on Thaumcraft 3's minecraft forum post, and it seems other are having this error as well. But very little response other than Maybe an item id conflict? I have searched the net and this one seems to be persisting. Any ideas anyone?

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Nallar found the fix for me which was renaming all mods files (.zip and .jar) to fully lowercase. The issue is with how linux does file handling and it was not loading the mods in the correct / same order as windows.

Rajecent

Jul 29, 2019
Nallar found the fix for me which was renaming all mods files (.zip and .jar) to fully lowercase. The issue is with how linux does file handling and it was not loading the mods in the correct / same order as windows.

Awesome we will try this, thanks!