Magic Expansion [1.8.9] [Curse]

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
3eT2uth.jpg

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/magic-expansion
Check out the Links section below for server downloads!

(This is your official warning! A lot of 1.8.9 mods are very new and therefore very unstable! By playing this pack you accept that there may be bugs with them, any bugs can be reported to in the Issue Tracker hosted through Curse, linked below! If they are relevant to the modpack I will fix it, if they are specific to a mod, I will pass the report on to ensure Authors aren't getting the same issue spammed at them over and over!)

The first in a trilogy of packs being released for 1.8.9, Magic expansion is a modpack centered based around magic mods, and having them all in one place for you to enjoy! There is a chance for any magic mod to be included! Not just the popular ones! As more mods are released and updated they will be added alongside the current modlist. Some of the mods may experience updates during the pack's development that drastically changes some features! So you should be wary with backing up your worlds!

Delve into the mystical world of Thaumaturge with Thaumcraft 5! Dig deep into the darkness of the human soul in Blood Magic! Explore the world and loot dungeons with Rogue Dungeons and Talismans! Become a druid and experience how it feels to live at one with nature through the mystical ways of Totemic! Or become a werewolf through Howling Moon! When you're dealing with magic, anything is possible! Not to mention the extra mods to help you keep your base looking fancy!

The other two packs in the series will be released as enough mods are updated to form a basic modlist! These will be Tech Expansion and Absolute Expansion! I think the names speak for themselves so more on those when they are actually released! For now dive into 1.8.9 and enjoy yourselves! This modpack is fairly light and should run for most people!

LINKS

Issue Tracker

Server Download

Twitter

FAQ
Ask any questions you like below and they will be answered and then added to this section here so that everyone can benefit from the answer! It can be anything, from future plans, to the other two packs in the trilogy to bugs (Althought they would be better off over on the Issue Tracker!) :D

U9n71TS.jpg

Thanks to the guys over at Resonant Host, I can now offer a 15% discount code on anyone looking for a Minecraft Server! They have a range of packages to choose from, from small servers to big ones! The servers also come with the built in template feature, which allows you to set-up your favorite Minecraft modpacks instantly! Just use the promo code "CHAZ" and get your 15% discount! :D

Reactions: victor pelt

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to ask if you know how to reload worldgen in the world but not rest everything in a world. If can you send me vid or instructions and add to config note every time there is new ore. For myself about EE, I don't like it, because I think it's OP, good idea but OP. Other then that good modpack for now.

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to ask if you know how to reload worldgen in the world but not rest everything in a world. If can you send me vid or instructions and add to config note every time there is new ore. For myself about EE, I don't like it, because I think it's OP, good idea but OP. Other then that good modpack for now.
It really depends what exactly it is that you need to regen? And your opinion regarding projectE has been noted, I'll take it all into account with the next update

Malrama

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a Server out running this?
Or is there even any Server running 1.8.9?
I really would love to play on a Server and try out Thaumcraft 5 :D

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a Server out running this?
Or is there even any Server running 1.8.9?
I really would love to play on a Server and try out Thaumcraft 5 :D
A lot of people have asked me about this! Unfortunately I am just not in a position to host a server myself, of this is something a lot of people were interested in, I could look further into it, but for now, I am unaware of a public server! But please let me know if you find one! I'd love to get feedback from it!

victor pelt

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't botania be a good fit?

and maybe a gravestone mod (extra utilities if i remember correctly? that or openblocks)

Last edited:

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Neither of those last two mods are available for 1.8.9 as far as I'm aware, and as for Botania, it has been ported and I have played a bit of it but I am unsure what its current license is, whether it can be included in packs or not.

B

Batavia

Neither of those last two mods are available for 1.8.9 as far as I'm aware, and as for Botania, it has been ported and I have played a bit of it but I am unsure what its current license is, whether it can be included in packs or not.
You can include botania as long as you don't make money from creatin the pack. It's on the botaniamod site (can't link till i gain some more posts ;-) )

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unsure as to whether this also applies for the port, as this isn't something that's being done by Vazkii

B

Batavia

If you look at the github page of the port it will actually say that the licensing is exactly the same

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Okay nice, I'll have to clear it with Curse make sure it's allowed because the original mod is on Curse... If not it may have to be added to the third party mod list, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that...

Rautt

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a pack code to download & play this modpack with the FTB launcher?

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid not no, there's a small possibility that the final release of the modpack might be, but for now it's just on Curse launcher.

Rautt

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well. Here's hoping this modpack is more stable than Unstable. :D

..what in the world. The worldgen looks super weird. o_O

-Edit- Well, got a crash while looking through JEI for stuff to rebuild my base with. That was quick. At least that let me relaunch the game without that horrible worldgen mod. Good god that was uncomfortable and sickening.

-Edit 2- Another crash while going through JEI. Hooray.

http://pastebin.com/AmPGuCWa

Last edited:

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well. Here's hoping this modpack is more stable than Unstable. :D

..what in the world. The worldgen looks super weird. o_O

-Edit- Well, got a crash while looking through JEI for stuff to rebuild my base with. That was quick. At least that let me relaunch the game without that horrible worldgen mod. Good god that was uncomfortable and sickening.

-Edit 2- Another crash while going through JEI. Hooray.

http://pastebin.com/AmPGuCWa
If you could submit the crash through the Curse issue logger to make sure I don't forget and I'll take a look at it when I get home, see if I can't get it fixed before the next update with botania goes out

Reactions: Batavia

Rautt

Jul 29, 2019
Will check the new update out tomorrow (ie in ~10 hours). Botania's worldgen isn't all that critical, and getting flowers is a breeze anyway. :)

Did you grab the latest Blood Magic (beta 1.8.9-2.0.0-14)?

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
If it was available on Curse as of around 9PM then it should have been updated This is where I realise I never ran a test on the pack to make sure it worked properly... Fingers crossed!

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, it appears to be an issue with Tanks, I have reached out to the author on Twitter and will officially report the bug shortly, for now the mod Tanks will be replaced with Simple Fluid Tanks, they don't quite offer the same thing, but this seems like a good compromise for the time being, I will update the pack soon, as Curse have still yet to respond to my Botania request.