Machine tracker

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
I made a inchworm drive (ae planes, and mffs) and have them running in the quarry world. Anytime I want to get to them I need to fly for awhile to catch up to them. I am looking for a way to have sometype of portal or something so i can link it and go right to the machine. Portal gun will not work b/c its always moving.

Using Direwolf20 1.0.23

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You could use a portal gun mod portal(the one you place on a wall, I mean) and wireless redstone of some kind. Just keep in mind that you'll want either a frame-proof chunk loader, or to place the portal in a location that insures you don't get stuck on anything. And even with the former, the latter is a smart idea anyway. For example, place it on the roof of a room and make sure you fall when you go through.

Reactions: Ryan Mesure

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the mod sync, you could try attaching a shell storage with a redstone block under it, but not sure if the movement would desync the blocks and destroy your clone.
You could also try Advanced Portals, or the...oh, what was it called; Thaumcraft, maybe Thaumic Tinkerer, has a teleportation block but I forget the name, sorry (my friends are doing all the magic while I do the tech.)
There's also mystcraft intralinking books you could try using.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Doesnt DW have Enhanced Portals 3? I believe those are not limited to coordinates. But if they like to be moved, I don't know.

Reactions: Kirameki

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Doesnt DW have Enhanced Portals 3? I believe those are not limited to coordinates. But if they like to be moved, I don't know.
Ah...I typed Advanced Portals, whoops. Maybe I shouldn't post at work.. :p (nah!)
I'm not sure if you can move them, either, they may lose the multiblock recognition if moved.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
There is also the celestial thingmabob from Kami, but I have no idea how it reacts to being moved.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm wonder if its possible to make a automatic on demand Mystcraft Linking book maker. If you can simulate the rightclick of the book with a tool dynamism tablet or something, enderchest/tesseract the book back home and use it to always arrive near your machine.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Blood Magic has some block teleporter thing whose name escapes me. It links to a specific location, though, so you'll need to configure the one on your rig, and use wireless redstone of some sort to activate it.

To clarify: You'd need to click the focus item thingy on the block in your base, then place that item in the block on your MFFS caterpillar thing. Then, give that block, NOT the one in your base, a redstone signal while you're standing on either of them, and you should find yourself in the other location.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
No DW20 doesn't have that mod(unfortunately).
Blood Magic has some block teleporter thing whose name escapes me. It links to a specific location, though, so you'll need to configure the one on your rig, and use wireless redstone of some sort to activate it.

To clarify: You'd need to click the focus item thingy on the block in your base, then place that item in the block on your MFFS caterpillar thing. Then, give that block, NOT the one in your base, a redstone signal while you're standing on either of them, and you should find yourself in the other location.
Name of that block is a teleposer. And again, that's another mod that's not in his pack, surprisingly enough.

Reactions: Padfoote

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Name of that block is a teleposer. And again, that's another mod that's not in his pack, surprisingly enough.
Oh, Direwolf's pack. I missed that bit. Derp.

In any case, Dire's used Portal Spawners from Portal Gun on Redpower frame bores before, so I don't see why they couldn't work with MFFS as well. Put one spawner and a wireless redstone receiver on the mining machine, and another pair in your base. When you want to get to your contraption (or back to your base, for that matter), just trigger a transmitter and step through.

Just remember to keep the portal spawner away from possible sources of water- they get washed away like torches, and are quite expensive.

Also, open portals may not like being moved. I assume this is why the OP doesn't want portals, but it can be circumvented by having the wireless receiver disable the caterpillar drive.

Reactions: Wagon153